• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

STOKE ON TRENT

Rachanmy

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone on here had had there surgery at the University hospital of North Staffordshire with Ms Rotundo or Mr Cheruvu. I would be interested in hearing your experiences. Thanks. x:)

Hi rach i am under ms rotundo got app 2mora with her hopefully for op date got to see endocrine thurs then im all set how about u??

Hi Rachanmy I had my sleeve done at UHNS 14 months ago bu Mr Cheruvu. Not the op I had planned for (went in for bypass) but my bowel was the wrong way round and had loads of adhesions which he sorted out too. No complaints with the surgery, the hospital stay or the dietitian appointments. Post op appts with Mr Cheruvu however take forever to come through! My 6 week appt came through at 6 months and not had my 12 month appt yet. Have seen dietitian several times though, so you do get that point of contact. I believe Miss Rotundo is better as she doesn't take on as many patients! Any other questions please ask x

Met miss rotundo twice and i really prefer her to mr cheruvu she seems to reassure me so well i was so petrified at 1st but im sort of ok now seen her 2day too and im in begin sept for bypass and gallstone removal :-(

Hi my sleeve was done by mr cheruvu although privately at Nuffield. He's a good surgeon, takes a little getting used to as he's not one for long discussions, but he knows his stuff. Had my band and sleeve by him now, always healed quickly, no post op problems

Thanks for the replies folks.

Popsicles. I,m having my bypass done by ms Rotundo in 8 days time. (24th). I thought the ward would be in the new main building but its the lyme building along london road which is part of the old buildings. I hope the theatres new lol!!!!!. I too have sleep apnoea, I,v been on my cpap for almost 4 weeks now. It takes some gettin used to but its not to bad. x:)

Hi Rach, I had my surgery in the new theatres, so you will go in there. It is ward 108 after though! x

hi madcatwoman. Were you addmitted to 108 on arrival or after you had your op?. I,v got to go straight to ward 105 on arrival. What are the wards like?. I,m bloody dreadin it now. I,m so nervous its unreal. x:wave_cry:

Hi Rach, I was admitted onto 105 pre op, then taken to 108 post op, although I was on recovery for about 6 hours waiting for a bed. On morphine though, so that passed by in a haze! The ward is ok, 6 beds to a bay, it is a general surgical ward, so all sorts on there. The staff were great, my only problem was another patient was confused and talked for the entire first night I was there! She slept the second night though, but I was so tired when the doctors came round I was fighting to keep my eyes open! Mr Cheruvu commented that I should be out of bed, typical! I'm sure you'll be fine - anything else you want to know, just ask. x

hi sarah. Thanks for the info its much appreciated. Gettin fed up with this bloody LSD. I swear i,ll never touch yoghurt again. They can give me as much morphine as they like so i can sleep. I,v always been a terrible sleeper so i,m dreadin the night time. i,m loadin up with magazines. x:)

Yeh ive got to do the 4 wks on cpap just waitin for respiratory contact me now go fetch machine hope they bloody hurry up ha seen emily today she went through all post op stuff and the lsd diets which ive done b4 to loose weight so im not bothered about that i thought there was a ward for bariatrics not just general surgery :-/

I know - i did soup, not keen on the stuff even now!
Wish it was a bariatric ward, it ought to be really, they want UHNS to be one of the top bariatric centres in the country.
Good luck to you both! x

Thanks hun i just cant wait much longer now im so impatient ive already got my hosp bag ready bought a few books on kindle i just hope the op date doesnt clash with my exams or im well and truly knackered lol

Hi Rach. I know you've already had your operation by now, but just wanted to add that I had my bypass done by Mr Cheruvu on the 22nd (2 days before you! Small world, eh?) and all has been fine since. As someone else mentioned above, he's not a chatty fellow, very matter of fact and to the point, but it seems he's good at what he does!

How are you coping post-op? How has the pain been for you?

PS. My name is also Rachael (probably spelt different to you, I assume ;))!

Back