• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hospitals with Bariatric Departments

last time i was in a&e at the northern general in sheffield (about a month ago) there was in a woman in the next bay who repeatedly tried to explain what was wrong with her, all her meds and the fact she had previously had a bypass and all i heard the staff say was we dont know anything about bypass patients, we dont know what your anatomy is like. i was moved to a ward 2 and a half hours later and they were still scratching thier heads. seems like just with other areas that theres no co ordinating of services going on

This is a fantastic thread! I had my band removed over three years ago. I was close to losing my stomach due to NHS services not understanding the gastric band. Thankfully I was referred to a private clinic by local PCT and was fine.

Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and Princess Royal Hospital Telford. Private hospitals in the area that carry out bariatric surgery - Nuffield Shrewsbury, Spire Yale in Wrexham.

Any one know of any in kent like around canterbury, ashford, and margate?

Unless things have changed very recently, there aren't any NHS bariatric depts in Kent. Nearest are the London hospitals, and St Richards, Chichester.

There are some private hospitals that perform bariatric surgery. But they obviously don't treat emergencies.

University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire
WISDEM Centre (Warwickshire Institute for the Study of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism)
Coventry

Back