• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Strange...

I just spoke to my doctor who had previously reffered my case to the pct for funding towards a gastric bypass.
Well I found out a month ago they turned me down flat. But after researching I decided to ask the reason they gave. Apparently they did not give a reason and just stated they do not fund that procedure in this area. So..I informed my doctor that I know for a fact that people in the Warrington area have been given funding for the procedure. My doctor looked quite suprised by this.

How can the pct state something that is untrue to a doctor?? Anyways my doctor is going to write to the surgeons directly for me so hopefully that will get some results. Has anyone heard of Dr Taylor? That is who I am being reffered to.

Hi homer,
I'm sorry to hear about your funding but you must appeal, i know it depends which area you live for funding guidelines but have you checked online for the PCT N.I.C.E rules in your area, that might give you more information on your areas funding guidelines.
I think about 95% of cases get a flat refusal for funding from most PCT's and many do appeal and succeed, so it's worth having alook and appealing,
Some of the other people will be along shortly to give you some more advice.
Take care
Trina xxxx

If you need anymore help then pleaase ask.

Hi Homer
I had no luck with GP/PCT funding BUT I did get my GP to refer me to the obesity clinic at a big hospital near me.
On my 1st appointment they asked me what procedure I wanted !!!
They also prescribed a great slimming tablet called Rimonabant that enabled me to lose 4 stones in 4 months with no side effects! I still want to lose another 8 stones and I'm just waiting for the date for my bypass surgery.......So persevere, help is out there. Trish

hey hunnie.....you must appeal,you have every right to that surgery you just sometimes have to shout very loud im having my op at chichester and im in kent !

Hi, that is outrageous! You have a right to appeal and you should. Fight it all the way!!!!! Can i ask which PCT turned you down as a friend of mine who lives in Lincoln has been turned down too and she is in the process of appealing. I'm in Manchester and didn't have any issues obtaing the funding.

Good luck and keep me posted on how you get on x

Baba, as I said last night on the old dog and bone, get that Medical Consultant to back you and your GP up - I had the backing of Mr Brookes and it did the trick and I got funding with no probs :)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, as I really do think this would be such a turning point :hug99:

x

Hi, that is outrageous! You have a right to appeal and you should. Fight it all the way!!!!! Can i ask which PCT turned you down as a friend of mine who lives in Lincoln has been turned down too and she is in the process of appealing. I'm in Manchester and didn't have any issues obtaing the funding.

Good luck and keep me posted on how you get on x

Hi Tammy I am in the Warrington cheshire area

Back