• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stress eating

zns

:cry:Im hating myself at the moment. We have been given notice on our rented house and we have to leave as the landlord wants to move back in. We love it here and really dont want to move and cant afford to. Weve looked at 9 houses and still found nothing suitable. We only have til the end of march to find somewhere and move out. I am so so stressed by it that I cant stop eating. I know I am still eating less than I would have presurgery but Im eating a lot of crisps :eek:.
I dont know how to stop myself, does anyone have any suggestions or anything that might help?

Ive been getting a lot of stomach pains lately too and feeling more restriction, actually feeling some rather than not really feeling full at all until it was too late and I had to be sick.

I'm so sorry to hear this hun xx We are also renting and I feel the same way about our current house. Eating the rubbish is not going to blot out the problem for long though and you will just add to your misery if you do any more of it.
I expect you have looked on rightmove.co.uk already? There are usually a good amount of properties on that.
Write lists of what you need to organise for moving and call in some help with friends and relatives if you can.
Checking off things on a list will give you a feeling of being in control back.
Accept that you can't really get out of the situation but this time you are going to be kind to yourself and not make yourself ill or put on weight on top of the other stress you have.
I am trying to do the things to do list, doesn't matter how small or trivial the things you put on it are, seeing that you are crossing them out and acheiving something is a really good booster.
I have a rule I am trying to enforce with my comfort eating, that when I want something, I go brush my teeth and use really strong mouthwash.
Make sure you don't buy in any more treat foods as it's you that's going to feel worse if they are lurking when you are feeling upset or worried.
I have some hypnosis to share that might help with general stress / emotional eating and if you want to give it a go just say xxxx
What we can control is what we eat and how we react to the unforseen stuff....it's not what we believe but it's the only thing we can totally control. Don't buy it and it won't be there when you are having a weak moment.

Thank you that makes sense. Lists are a good idea.

I spend hours on rightmove everyday lol There is very little on the market here in our price range at the moment, weve seen everything there is and nothing is ideal, we settled on one that wasnt too bad but then were told it had already been taken by someone else before we had even been to see it, no one bothered to tell us!

I generally dont buy it but when I was out at the drs and pharmacy I went to the shop and couldnt stop myself buying a big multipack gah!

I know how you feel...well I can imagine xxxx I think it's also feeling secure and safe in a place we trust and have grown to love as well...hard not to feel like that really about home.
I feel it because I have little confidence still and I'm sure if I felt better within myself I would not be so scared by the prospect of change like that.
We view it like this, it has to be a compromise or two, wether we keep the size and have to move to a location we don't like or downsize and stay in the country. Thing is it's inevitable for us as well eventually.
Get as much junk and stuff you don't want out of the house in the next week. See if you can lighten the stuff you end up taking with you.
View the place you go to next as a temporary if it helps. Just think about the 6 month minimum on the next property as six months to keep looking and move out to something you like better as soon as it's possible.
Being a bit more minimalist has helped us, it's not so overwhelming then.
It does seem horrendously short notice for you :(
We are with a really good letting agent so it might be worth asking them to look for something for you...sorry I know you're doing all this already :(
Primelocation.com is another site you can look up rentals.

Awww Zoe, I'm so sorry to hear this... how awful for you Angel.

I tend to do a 'spidergram' when I'm stressed... I put the problem in the middle then I outreach 'an arm' with points under each issue and I feel so much easier for writing it all down and working through a logical plan...

Could you stay anywhere or have a facility for storage if need be, you certainly haven't been given a lot of notice precious.

Try and not buy any of the salty and high carb foods if your tempted love.. and I agree... mouthwash and drinking loads of water may help but it's so understandable with everything going on right now...

I'm thinking of you and wish I lived nearer.

Love and hugs to you both xxx

Awww Zoe, it's a shame you couldn't have more time on your side too... I'm with you and we are here... please keep us posted and good luck in every way xxx

Aww hun I really feel for you...Ive been in that situation loads of times in the past and know how stressful it can be. What Nina suggest is really good....I find making lists focuses your mind on the job at hand and stops you worrying as much as you feel like you are actually doing something. I hope you find somewhere soon and as for the eating I can only suggest not buying any crisps and getting something as a substitute like Rice cakes or ryvita mini salt and vinegar....they are like crisps but not as naughty :D Good Luck hun ((HUG)) XX

Good luck with your search Zoe and do hope you find somewhere where you feel able to settle and make it your own... loads of love and hugs to you both to help you on your journey xxx

oh hun, sorry to hear about this. I cover some basic housing law as part of my job as a money/debt adviser so feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do.

You said your landlord has given you 2 months notice. Was that a "section 21 notice"? was it served on you on a rent day or just before? Say if yoiur rent is due on 1st of month and he didnt serve the notice till the 2nd or 3rd it wouldnt take effect till the following month if you get what I mean! that might buy you a little bit more time.

Also, I dont know if renting from the council is something you would consider? Do you have any dependent children, or is anyone in the house disabled? If so, this makes you a priority need for housing and you can use your section 21 notice as proof of impending homelessness so the local authority would HAVE to rehouse you.

Sorry to hear that you have to deal with this ZNS. I also work in property and there does seem be be loads of property out there to rent at the moment and if you can keep away from the agents all the better ( no offence to any estate agents on this forum). Word of mouth is always good. Tell people at work etc that you are looking, someone might know someone that knows someone etc.

Also, I can relate to the stress eating. I have recognised lately that I eat when I am anxious and once I recognised it I can deal with it. I say to myself "ok you want to get cos you are anxious over xyz but it wont make you feel better" and that helps somewhat.

Stay calm. I am a firm believer that every cloud has a silver lining and you will hopefully in a few months you will look back at this and thank your luck that you moved on to a bigger nicer home

I was going to suggest the local council but then you have to live where they say and not where you want too... However it could be a stepping stone whilst you get some money behind you towards the move you would choose xx

oh hun, sorry to hear about this. I cover some basic housing law as part of my job as a money/debt adviser so feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do.

You said your landlord has given you 2 months notice. Was that a "section 21 notice"? was it served on you on a rent day or just before? Say if yoiur rent is due on 1st of month and he didnt serve the notice till the 2nd or 3rd it wouldnt take effect till the following month if you get what I mean! that might buy you a little bit more time.

Also, I dont know if renting from the council is something you would consider? Do you have any dependent children, or is anyone in the house disabled? If so, this makes you a priority need for housing and you can use your section 21 notice as proof of impending homelessness so the local authority would HAVE to rehouse you.

Yeah section 21 a few days before the rent date, all above board.

No children, I am a bit disabled but not enough to get a lot of points I dont think. We'd rather not live in the council area if we can help it.

Thanks guys xx

Back