• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stress

Oh, yes! When I get stressed Betty (my pouch) won't eat even small amounts of food and I have to go back to soft/liquidy things even 11 months out.

I was wondering if my job is making me worse. When I am at home I feel like I am recovering. At work it's really stressful and I feel worse xx

Apparently stress can affect your pouch, it doesn't bother mine though....... at least i don't think so..

Gill, I was reading a wls USA article and this was being discussed you are not on your own with this love... good luck Jiganaut... I've always had a rock solid tum since there isn't much that can upset me and never ever took me off my food pre bypass... so I'm hoping 'Dolly Pouch' will behave the same, so far so good.

Good luck love xxx

I was like you, Bev, pre-op. I could eat anything and ate through anything. Cast-iron stomache with endless capacity ;)

Very different now, but I've just got used to it.

What do you do for a living, Jinjanut?

Understandable Gill... but we get there... love and hugs Angels xxx

ravelling said:
I was like you, Bev, pre-op. I could eat anything and ate through anything. Cast-iron stomache with endless capacity ;)

Very different now, but I've just got used to it.

What do you do for a living, Jinjanut?

Hi! Pre op I never got stressed at work. I work as a project director for a large advertising company xx

Well, I imagine that has more than enough stress in it :)

Pre-op, I thought I took everything in my stride, but I used to comfort eat! Now, I have to deal with things differently and listen to my body more.

I think that the low levels of nutrition do take their toll on the body and on our general resilience, emotionally and physically. It's hard for us to take on board just how much our bodies have undergone throughout this process. We need to look after ourselves much better than we did before. That is something I try to work on each day. I have to plan carefully to take small, high-protein snacks with me, make sure I have my water bottles with me and try to get some rest at the end of a busy day.

I do find that posting and reading here helps me too. Although I am very open about my surgery at home and work, no-one understands like people who have been through it too :)

Take care
Gill
x

I think stress affects your eating when you have a band too. I notice I can eat less and the gurgles get much worse
It's important to look after yourself I think and recognising stress is really important
Good luck to you
Love jo XX

I would of said no until a week ago. But now after the last few days stress makes my pouch very tight. I can eat snacks e.g baby bel but not a meal.

Back