• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

stretch marks

salski

I just wondered guys - Im 7 months out and 7 stone down (nearly) and I have gots lots of new stretch marks - has anyone else had this problem? Is it normal with rapid weight loss to get new stretch marks! My bingo wigs I can live with...but new stretch marks look horrid!

Anyone any advice, or have experienced this?

ive got enough from before my op! im not even 2 weeks out yet but i hope i dont get many more!! i think it probably is normal thou with fast weight gain and loss! have u tryed bio oil? xx

I am trying to think why you would get new stretch marks after loosing weight. I am nearly 7 stone down and the sight is not pretty but that is down to old stretch marks etc.

The only thing I can think of (without knowing where your new stretchmarks are and positioned) is that is you have a lot of excess skin which hangs down (sorry I know it is horrible to think about), then maybe the weight of the excess is pulling down on your skin and creating new stretchmarks.

Silly question I know but are you sure they are new? Are they bright red etc?

i think it is normal i have loads more especially and unfortunately on my boobs where they have shrunk :( not nice, lol i'm afraid there's not much you can do about it :cry:sorry

Perhaps they just look worse now because we can see areas we couldnt see before!

Hiya all - and thanks for your replies.

They are defo new and on my boobs and bingo wings. Red and dodgy and bumpy. They look like my dog has clawed me! lol..and she hasnt!

Horrible things, just wish they were hidden, but no...on my arms for all the wrold to see - will look great in my wedding dress!! NOT! :( lol

bio oil really does work hun.. give it a try :) x

Picture a balloon that's been inflated all over the festive season, when its finally deflated it's not nice and smooth as it was before inflation is it? I'm guessing our bodies are the same, personally deflation with stretch marks in regular sized clothes is better than inflation with stretch marks in tent style clothes xxx

o yes rescue oil - you can get it in 99p shops also! xx

Yeah I have some bio oil from years ago. I shall keep applying and hoping for the best :D

Thanks guys x

When I did lighterlife I definitely developed lots of new stretch marks but was happy to lose the weight at the time.
Now the weight is back and I'll be glad to see the back of it again, with or without stretch marks!! Lol
But Bio oil def helps a bit anyway
Leanne x

Back