• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Struggling on the Milk - weight went up

Rny_Shell

Hello lovelies

I’m curently on Day 9 out of 14 of my pre op Diet! Following the Milk diet! So 4pints of semi skimmed milk, 1 Sugar free jelly sachet & 1 Bovril drink! + sugar free squash

I was told either HAD to stick to the Milk diet for 14 days OR the yogurt. Aloud 8 pots of 0%fat yoghurts a day instead of the milk!

Since day 3 I’ve been bloated! By day 6 I had lost 7lbs - Day 7 it went up by 2lbs! I can promise you I have no cheated!!!
Day 8 -1lb
Day 9 -1lb
So I’m now back what I was on Day 6

By the evening my tummy is bloated first thing in the morning I wake early as my tummy hurts & I need The the ‘loo’....

I want to call the hospital as see if it’s possible to swap to the Yogurt instead but worried what they might say and if I may have set myself back by not contacting sooner if bloating May have caused issue that might delay surgery

Fretting quite a bit right now

Hannah2

Hi @Rny_Shell

Sorry to hear you are struggling. Please remember that the LRD is just that, it is a liver reducing diet! It is not the amount of weight you lose that is important but what is happening to your liver inside!

Absolutely contact your provider to see what they say. I have heard that some providers allow you to switch between BUT you have to do the full day of one type of diet so you have to do the full day as milk or as yoghurt. However, you must check with your provider!

Good luck!

sandra overton

Hello lovelies

I’m curently on Day 9 out of 14 of my pre op Diet! Following the Milk diet! So 4pints of semi skimmed milk, 1 Sugar free jelly sachet & 1 Bovril drink! + sugar free squash

I was told either HAD to stick to the Milk diet for 14 days OR the yogurt. Aloud 8 pots of 0%fat yoghurts a day instead of the milk!

Since day 3 I’ve been bloated! By day 6 I had lost 7lbs - Day 7 it went up by 2lbs! I can promise you I have no cheated!!!
Day 8 -1lb
Day 9 -1lb
So I’m now back what I was on Day 6

By the evening my tummy is bloated first thing in the morning I wake early as my tummy hurts & I need The the ‘loo’....

I want to call the hospital as see if it’s possible to swap to the Yogurt instead but worried what they might say and if I may have set myself back by not contacting sooner if bloating May have caused issue that might delay surgery

Fretting quite a bit right now
perhaps you are lactos intolerant I would ring your team for advice if your tummy is playing upx