• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Struggling to Lose 5% Weight

Need2Slim

Hi all I'm just wondering what everyone did to lose their 5% weight before their op? I've got to lose 1.5 stone and so far only lost 11lb. I had been doing the Liver Reduction Diet for two weeks. I lost 8/9lb in the first week, that was fantastic, really happy. But lost nothing last week and so far nothing this week. I don't understand how being on only 800 calories I can't lose weight? Am I doing something wrong? I know the LRD is to shrink the liver and not lose weight per se but if I'm on such little calories anyway should I not be losing weight aswell? Thanks

sandra overton

Hi all I'm just wondering what everyone did to lose their 5% weight before their op? I've got to lose 1.5 stone and so far only lost 11lb. I had been doing the Liver Reduction Diet for two weeks. I lost 8/9lb in the first week, that was fantastic, really happy. But lost nothing last week and so far nothing this week. I don't understand how being on only 800 calories I can't lose weight? Am I doing something wrong? I know the LRD is to shrink the liver and not lose weight per se but if I'm on such little calories anyway should I not be losing weight aswell? Thanks
I'm sorry you are struggling at the moment when I lost my weight we had to do the milk diet for 4 weeks which was 4 pints of semi skimmed milk a day one oxo or Bovril drink and sugar free jelly I don't know what diet you have been given at your hospital stay with it it will happen x

Need2Slim

I'm sorry you are struggling at the moment when I lost my weight we had to do the milk diet for 4 weeks which was 4 pints of semi skimmed milk a day one oxo or Bovril drink and sugar free jelly I don't know what diet you have been given at your hospital stay with it it will happen x

Hi. We had a choice between 4 slim fast drinks a day or low calorie food or low fat soup and milk. I swapped from soup one day to low calorie food on another day. Only 1 day I went over 800 calories (by 29) as was really struggling that day. May try the milk diet though. Can I be rude and ask how much weight you lost on it?

Bling Babe

Hi. We had a choice between 4 slim fast drinks a day or low calorie food or low fat soup and milk. I swapped from soup one day to low calorie food on another day. Only 1 day I went over 800 calories (by 29) as was really struggling that day. May try the milk diet though. Can I be rude and ask how much weight you lost on it?
Weight loss varies, I also had to do the milk diet, initially for 4 weeks, I lost on average 4lb a week, then pre-op for 2 weeks when I lost 12lb on week one and just 2lb the second week, stick with it, how long do you have to do it for? Have your team said it’s ok to swap between the 2 different diets day by day, I only ask because I thought I’d read on here that they don’t allow that? Good luck xx

slimkim

I second @Bling Babe suggestion. I've seen on here that you should stick to just one of the LRD and not switch it up. Maybe check with your team if that is the case. If it isn't then maybe just stick to one of the diets.

Are yo measuring the foods you are having on the LRD or just eyeballing it? Sometimes that's where extra calories can sneak in.

Good luck with the remainder of the diet.

Need2Slim

Wow that's fabulous weightloss. We only had to do the trial for two weeks and will do the real thing for 2 weeks pre-op too. Yes we are allowed
Weight loss varies, I also had to do the milk diet, initially for 4 weeks, I lost on average 4lb a week, then pre-op for 2 weeks when I lost 12lb on week one and just 2lb the second week, stick with it, how long do you have to do it for? Have your team said it’s ok to swap between the 2 different diets day by day, I only ask because I thought I’d read on here that they don’t allow that? Good luck xx

Wow that's fabulous weightloss. We only had to do the trial for two weeks and will do the real thing for 2 weeks pre-op too. Yes we are allowed to swap between diet plans day to day but not during the same day. If I had 4lb a week weightloss I'd be happy but having 8lb loss 1 week to nothing for two weeks it's a bit of a let down

Need2Slim

I second @Bling Babe suggestion. I've seen on here that you should stick to just one of the LRD and not switch it up. Maybe check with your team if that is the case. If it isn't then maybe just stick to one of the diets.

Are yo measuring the foods you are having on the LRD or just eyeballing it? Sometimes that's where extra calories can sneak in.

Good luck with the remainder of the diet.

Yes we are allowed to swap diet plans dad to day, but not during the same day. Yes I weigh everything out and scan foods on my fitness pal app, that's how I know I've not gone over my calories

sandra overton

hi I lost 12lbs altogether if I had to mix the two diets I think I would of struggled at that point I think with the milk diet you don't have to think about food after day 4 it gets easier x

Need2Slim

hi I lost 12lbs altogether if I had to mix the two diets I think I would of struggled at that point I think with the milk diet you don't have to think about food after day 4 it gets easier x

We haven't the choice of just a milk diet for the LRD trial or I think I would have done that one. I did it myself for two weeks as I read about it on here, lost 4lb one week and nothing the next

Need2Slim

Finally something has give, 6lb lost this week. I'm very happy but would be happier with a steady 2lb a week rather than a huge amount each time, hey ho a loss is a loss :D