• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 weeks to lose some weight

VeronicaT

Gonna be thinner girl
I have been quite good over Christmas - only had a few small treats. Back on the straight and narrow now. I still don't seem to be losing any weight at all even though I am eating sensibly and small quantities. I cannot exercise cos of my arthritis (hoping that will change after op and i lose some weight). What I really want to know is - does Slimfast work? It seems high in sugar, but I wondered if i changed 1 meal a day to that, it might help me lose a bit before my next appointment with the dietician.
Any advice please?

Ive never tried slimfast but lots of people on here do so it must be ok :D Try it and see how you get on, Good Luck XX

Vron, good to see you and hope you aren't in too much pain with your arthritis.

I replaced a meal a day with a slim fast shake and ate a low fat cereal and a low fat meal each day and I did lose 2 and a half stones in the summer... I'm diabetic too and for me it didn't send my blood reeling... but maybe just balanced my blood at that time, so in my case it was very helpful and I bought the ready made shakes and carried it in my bag...

Hope this helps Vron and we are doing a daily meal log if it would help you along.

Love and hugs as always xxx

Maybe you could post what kind of things you are eating so we can see if we could make any suggestions?

I remember years ago when i started slimming world they said you didn't have to exercise to lose weight, and i didn't and i lost weight by following their plan... Just an idea!

I went through everything that I eat with the dietician - she was fine with it except I had to make my meals earlier so that I don't eat just before i go to bed.

Breakfast - hard boiled egg roll or cereal or toast.

Main meal - varies - lots of different types of chicken, a few oven chips maybe 7-10 little thin ones occasionally, a chop, stuffed mushrooms, stuffed peppers, fish, stew, chilli concarne, curry,omlette, baked potato, tuna, salmon, rice, vegetables. All small quantities. Either or those items, not all of them. Weight watchers meals sometimes just for a change
No actual puddings, but I sometimes have the Walls milk lollies as a treat - very low fat and sugar.

Supper - ryvita, lite creamed cheese or pate, or sometimes some cereal.

I have 1 small glass of diet coke a day, but mainly drink water. I am trying to wean myself off fizzy drinks.

I don't eat any
Biscuits
Sweets
Take-a-ways
Cakes
puddings
I eat some bread as toast or egg roll, but limit how much i eat.
I just struggle and can't wait till after my op and I don't feel too hungry lol.

Following advice, I ordered some slimfast drinks today. They will come tomorrow, so will maybe replace the occasional meal with one of those and see if it helps.

Last edited:
Vron your current diet looks really good. My only question would be, how much fruit and veg are you getting, and how much water do you drink? You need to drink about 2 - 3 litres a day in order to help you lose weight.

But it sounds like you're doing really well.
Grace xxx

I am eating satumas most days and the occasional banana, and about 2 litres of water a day. I am trying not to drink before, during and after meals as the dietician advised, so its difficult to fit it all in.
Veg - depends on meal - stews, currys and vegetarian - all in. Beans, peas, cauli and broccolli with other meals in small amounts..

Vron it all sounds perfect.
Good idea not to eat and drink together. it is hard but we have to get used to it post surgery. I allow half an hour before and after meals.
I hope you see some weight loss because you cetainly deserve to!
Grace xxx

I started my pre-op diet 4 weeks before surgery. My surgeon had me follow the unjury pre-surgical diet. I lost over 30 pounds. They will not allow you to drink soda on it.

Back