• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Struggling with sticking to liquid!!! Help!!

littlemissthin

Hey guys, I'm only on say 6 post op, and I cannot even look at anymore soup! ?
I have tried the shakes ect and don't like them and to be honest am so hungry but couldn't even stomach soup, I've had a couple of moouses but this can't be good, any suggestions??? Xxx

Try making some smoothies with milk and fresh fruit. Sieve all the seeds out though. What about milky coffee or chai latte ?

I've tried that too :( think its just the whole liquid texture that's getting to me I'm missing proper food and chewing lol, a done Cambridge diet before for several months n the thought of more shakes soups n liquids make me feel sick! Bleug...never thought this would be so hard! Suppose this is the first day I've felt hungry hopefully not like this tomorrow! Xx

Ski do a really nice smooth yoghurt.......otherwise smoothies with ice cubes....
Worst case you could chew the ice!!!

littlemissthin said:
Yep send hubby to tesco shortly lol! Xx

:p

I total no where ur coming from
I got fed up with liquids. And it did not help come the end I was being sick on them,

I found custard a great help plus ice lollys
Also sainbury did smoothie called naked that did not look nice but they gave me fruit I needed!
I also found freezing squash was great for me.

I really hope u start to feel better v soon

Lisa x

Sorry, my dog sent it early! Tesco do 100% pineapple juice lollies and raspberry smoothie lollies. I think they were only about 84 calories or something and were really nice.

pixie_lilly said:
Sorry, my dog sent it early! Tesco do 100% pineapple juice lollies and raspberry smoothie lollies. I think they were only about 84 calories or something and were really nice.

Ruby15 and fed up!!! 4 days in liquid stage,,,,not confident about what I'm doing,,,I'm as thick as the shakes I'm drinking....lol x can I put down what I've been haveing then you can all tell me what to do to do it right,,,,I need some help thanks...6am coffe 9am coffe actively 2vitamins. 11am few sips water. 1pm strawberry slim fast. 3pm boric. 6pm ramikin of home made soup. 7pm dairy lee triangle. Then sips of a bottle of water till 10 o clock bedtime...sorry it's long but just want to know if I'm on the right track lol x

littlemissthin said:
I have tried the shakes ect and don't like them and to be honest am so hungry but couldn't even stomach soup, I've had a couple of moouses but this can't be good, any suggestions??? Xxx

Hi, I know what you mean, I'm 4 days post op, I'm not shure what I'm doing Is right, I don't mind the liquids but it's all confusing me, I've put a few messages out with my daily intake and I don't know where they've gone now? My head is battered lol,hope you get the advice soon x keep me posted on your progress good luck x

What does your provider suggest?

flutterby1966 said:
What does your provider suggest?

Hey flutter by,I haven't contacted them yet I will do tomorrow, cause today I've been bad...well I feel bad... I'm on day 8 and should still be on liquid but...
I've had weight watchers soup for lunch with a moouse, and for dinner I had to mash some carrot and parsnip with gravy as I couldn't even think about more soup!! Hope this doesn't effect me as its very mushy not exactly liquid, also I had a few skips out a packet and a dairy lee light triangle so they melted in my mouth a feel like its mental torture lol, I suppose that's one of the things I've got to sort out tho is mentally coming to terms with it.
I'm still only around 650 calories for the day, what's your opinion? Any advice helps xxx

Without knowing your providers rules its difficult to say. But most banders have at least two weeks liquids. It was a really hard stage, I remember. I know I tried really hard but at day 13/14 I had a teeny bit of very thin gravy mixed with mash and mushy peas ... Almost liquid texture but the taste was sooo good. Pick up the phone to your provider ASAP tomorrow if they aren't open today ... And resist the temptation! Xxx

Why about latte coffees (iced/hot), ice lollies, Icecream, frozen yoghurt, bisto/oxo, smoothies, milkshake, protein drinks

It's thg I was banded with and rules r 2 weeks liquid 2 weeks mush, I've broken the rules ? I know , I will defo phone them tomorrow, I've Ben having hot chocolate as I don't like coffee tea ect , I'm usually not a sweet tooth that's why the ice lollys n stuff don't appeal to me I'm just craving savoury things! Lol all part of the journey I suppose, before I know it ill be allowed normal foods ? xxx

Back