• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Struggling

zns

:cry:

Im on day 13 of my preop diet (I have to do 6 weeks of the low fat low carb one).
I went food shopping with my husband last night and it was hideous. I cried all the way home :(
I cant stop thinking about crisps.
Ive lost about 6-8 lbs so far so it is working which is a good thing but Im always tired and ratty and am finding it really really hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I think you should be really proud of yourself. You might be thinking about crisps but you've not had any. You're doing so well already and you're a third of the way there. Great Work :happy036:

i agree keep at it sweetpea!!! that finishing line is in sight!!! x

Horrible but it will all be worth it in the end hun xx
Crisps are my enemy too!! xx

Can you try and find some non food treat to give yourself rather than the crisps when you go to the supermarket? A new nail polish, some earrings, posh bubble bath, facepack etc? Something related to caring for your body in some way would be good. Like you're starting your journey to liking yourself a lot more and it's not just about weight loss.

I always try to remember an episode on tv i saw where they put the amount of oil/lard that is contained within them evill snacks smack bang in front of you!!
SHOCKING!!!! xx

Big hugs! I can totally understand what you are saying. Crisps used to be my very best friends and I always thought it was something I'd never be able to give up.

You are doing brilliantly. Allow yourself one little treat a week - it won't harm you and it will probably stop the cravings. But ... whatever you do, only buy one bag of crisps! I can remember sabotaging weight loss in the past by sitting in the supermarket car park, scoffing a whole multi packof marmite crisps - and then popping back into the supermarket for some more to take home. Hellish, isn't it.

Good luck - you know you can do this xx

com eon znc u can do it plz plz plz plz, we all behind u, plz don give uo to temptation, ur doing very well wooohoooooooo well done u go girl.

Put ur crisp pennies in a pot and set little goals. Treat urself when u have achieved them xx

Im worried that one treat would lead to more and more Im not good at staying away from crisps.
I dont have the money to treat myself really. I was going to do something like expensive makeup or something but cant afford to.

Treats don't have to be expensive though. You can pamper yourself relatively cheaply. It's more to do with your mindset though. How about spending some time going through your wardrobe and bagging up all the winter clothes in your current size, because you'll never need to wear those again? Re-read some of the diaries here for inspiration too.
You CAN get through this. Just think how proud you will be when you go for your operation and you've already lost a lot of weight. Think how good you will feel to know you've done everything you can to help the surgeon by shrinking that liver down. Think how uncomfortable you probably feel this summer, having to cope with the heat, and how great it's going to be a year from now when you've lost all that weight and can wear summer dresses and feel great in them and not get out of breath and have to sit in the shade.

Treats don't have to be expensive though. You can pamper yourself relatively cheaply. It's more to do with your mindset though. How about spending some time going through your wardrobe and bagging up all the winter clothes in your current size, because you'll never need to wear those again? Re-read some of the diaries here for inspiration too.
You CAN get through this. Just think how proud you will be when you go for your operation and you've already lost a lot of weight. Think how good you will feel to know you've done everything you can to help the surgeon by shrinking that liver down. Think how uncomfortable you probably feel this summer, having to cope with the heat, and how great it's going to be a year from now when you've lost all that weight and can wear summer dresses and feel great in them and not get out of breath and have to sit in the shade.

Thats helping thank you :gen126:

Thanks guys. Sorry for being a whinger.

x

I think you are doing really well, our journeys are going to feel like we are taking one step forward and two back at times...

It's a case of weathering the stormy days and what I have to do is give myself a great boost on my better days... or I would not be able to keep going.

I was a crisp addict at one time... until my eldest Sister had her first, then second heart attack, she loved salt and savoury things... including crisps...

Since then, it has really put me off... I do get the Light Crisps for my son but I got turned right off crisps and they started to taste greasy to me... thankfully!

Your journey is well underway and you are way ahead... when we have our days of not feeling so on top, it does have this affect... but tomorrow is a new day and I hope it is better for you.

You are doing so well, just wishing you all the very best on your journey and we all have broad shoulders to help you along the way...

Take good care xxx

Thats helping thank you :gen126:

Thanks guys. Sorry for being a whinger.

x

Hey you're not whingeing! I'm sure I'll be going through the same as you when I begin the pre-op diet. It's a massive change in eating habits and I bet very few people sail through it without having bad days.

You are not whingeing... (not sure of the correct spelling), I have just had two awful days with my health and it's only my friends on here that kept me sane with my health issues... so please... no one is worse than me! xxx

6 weeks is a long time, feel free to come and have a moan any time you need to.
I managed 10 days and that felt like a very long time!

Back