• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

struggling!!!!

xxsarahxx

Hi everyone, not sure if i'm posting in the right place but i feel i need to get a few things off my chest.
I'm really struggling at the minute with everyday life, Walking, cleaning, working, getting up and down off the settee, showering etc etc etc.
I went away for a girly weekend with my best mate and we had a lovely time in Wales but christ, i couldn't breath for the life of me.
Every few steps and i could feel the effort increasing til eventually i had to just say "ok, i need to sit down".
Ok, i'm 32 stone plus, i don't expect to and have never been able to run around but how i feel at the minute really scares me.
I'm now using a cpap machine for sleep apnoea and feel so sad that my life has come to this.
This op needs to hurry up and fast.
Thanks for listening x

Hi Sweetie
Reading your posting had saddened me . . . it would be so easy to say ‘chin up’ and so on but I know that this doesn’t help in the slightest. The reality is, being 32+ stone will always be an issue and will cause problems and difficulties in everyday life – there will also be massive health implications and it will be difficult to see the jolly side of like (despite the misnomer that all big people are jolly). Please don’t think I am being harsh – the great thing is that you have recognised that you have a problem and are doing something about it . . . please take heart from some of the wonderful stories on this site. Once you have had the surgery it will only be a matter of a few short months until you are bobbing about like a spring lamb having all the fellas chasing you . . . xxxx

Last edited:
Awh I feel for you. It's scary when your weight starts to affect your everyday mobility and health.
It's amazing how quick you start to feel better after losing some weight. I haven't napped in the day for 3 weeks!
xxx

You're definately on the way now Sarah xxxxx Just keep posting and the time will soon pass. Hugs and please don't feel down, this is the beginning of an exciting time for you x

Hi Sweetie
Reading your posting had saddened me . . . it would be so easy to say ‘chin up’ and so on but I know that this doesn’t help in the slightest. The reality is, being 32+ stone will always be an issue and will cause problems and difficulties in everyday life – there will also be massive health implications and it will be difficult to see the jolly side of like (despite the misnomer that all big people are jolly). Please don’t think I am being harsh – the great thing is that you have recognised that you have a problem and are doing something about it . . . please take heart from some of the wonderful stories on this site. Once you have had the surgery it will only be a matter of a few short months until you are bobbing about like a spring lamb having all the fellas chasing you . . . xxxx
Thanks kevin...don't be sad hun, i'll get there. You are right, jolly exteriors are tiring to keep up with and inside you just feel like crying . As lovely as it sounds having fellas chase me, i'm guessing hubby might have something to say about that lol, lovely thought though x

PS the CPAP machine is kill or cure if your partner can put up with the noise ! xx
I know it is and hubby is supportive. It's early days, i've only had it a week. Can't say it's easy and i feel stifled in the mask but i'll get there with it. I'm so tired...think i could sleep for a hundred years lol (slight exaggeration) x

The hot weather can't be helping either hon. I'm 21 stone and I feel shattered if I'm out in it for long. But you're on the waiting list now and big changes are going to come soon. Just think how much healthier you are going to feel this time next year?

Sarah, as you know my hubby has had his cpap machine for a good year or so now and believe me it has helped his energy levels, no more senior naps for him. However he doesn't have the added burden of carrying more than 4 stone excess weight (jammy buggar he is)...

Please persevere with it, you will get there and one day you'll wake up feeling so refreshed...

As for on the waiting list, have you thought about signing up for weight watchers or something just to start shifting a few lbs, not only will the change in diet help stop you feeling so sluggish but it can only be a good thing in readiness for your op.

I know like me you've probably done every diet under the sun already, but when your looking at losing 10+ stone (which i was) you just don't think you can sustain it. However you will know this time that it's not something you need to continue for years and years, just till you get your surgery date. Losing a little weight will help you immensely on the day of surgery :)

I hope you feel better in yourself soon, and for once i'm wishing the hot weather will go so that you will feel more comfortable.. Chin up lovely lady, it's not long for you now before Mr Khan has you on the table, in the proper way of course ;) xxx

Good luck sweetie. I didn't get to be as big as you - but I would have done. My mobility was rubbish and I could barely walk more than a few steps at a time. I broke umpteen beds, sofas, chairs and loo seats. It is so amazing to have a chance at life again.

I hope you get your surgery soon and you can then start to improve your life x

We are all with you hun,stick with us,try what Julie said and go to weight watchers or slimming world and just start the ball rolling.You will feel better being pro active and leave gallivanting till you feel more able,two stone off makes a hell of a difference energy wise.Are you taking any vitamins?Ask your gp for the Forceval we are on post op.And I strongly recommend Berroca vitamin c its dear but gives you a great boost.Love and a big Scouse hug!Maz x

Hi Sarah,

I was 27st and can very much relate to how you are feeling. At that point EVERYTHING becomes a struggle, even the smallest things and stuff other people think is very normal. The excess weight literally gets in the way o life! And this can get you down of course. But you are well on your way girl! I know the wait seems eternally long but your time will come and you will totally rock this weight loss malarky! Mark my words ;-)

In the meantime know that you have tons of support here on the forum. Always here for a chat.

xx

Awh, Bless your heart Sarah, I can't be of much help to you, but just to say, try and see yourself in the near future when you have had the op. You will get your life back and be you again, There will be so many things that you will be able to do and enjoy and I'm sure in time you will look back on this dark time and realise just how far you have come. I know it feels bleak at the moment, but there really is light at the end of the tunnel hun. I am quite new to this site, but I quickly found that everyone here is lovely and very supportive. We are all in the same boat to one degree or another and I am sure you will get such a lot of support here. Here's a BIG HUG for you hun xx

Sarah hang on in there. I was barely mobile when I had my op. Today just being able to get off the tram and to my office without a stick is a big deal for me. As Julie says, try and do all you can to prepare yourself for the op. Mr Khan is an excellent surgeon and you will be in a safe pair of hands. Big:hug99:.

tranquil x

Thanks so much everyone. The support is overwhelming and encouraging. Dare i say the cpap machine is getting a touch easier (don't want to jinx it though lol).
I went back to work yesterday and it was tiring but ok, gonna take each day at a time and try to keep thinking about that day when all will be fine.
I've inherited a lovely top from a friend in a size 22 and this is going to be my goal. It's hanging on the side of the wardrobe and just looking at it makes me feel excited for my future. Thanks again x

Thanks so much everyone. The support is overwhelming and encouraging. Dare i say the cpap machine is getting a touch easier (don't want to jinx it though lol).
I went back to work yesterday and it was tiring but ok, gonna take each day at a time and try to keep thinking about that day when all will be fine.
I've inherited a lovely top from a friend in a size 22 and this is going to be my goal. It's hanging on the side of the wardrobe and just looking at it makes me feel excited for my future. Thanks again x

That's the spirit. You will do this.

tranquil x

Back