• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

struggling!!!!

sending hugs your way
i hope you get your op soon and can once again seize control of your life instead of it controlling you

xxx

Oh Sarah your post made me remember all those times 4 years ago when I was 30st+ life is so much more than difficult. You are on yor way to the op but Julie's suggestion was spot on try to lose some weight in advance of the op. I did WW for almost 2 years prior to getting the bypass, losing 10 stones, and it helped so much in so many ways not least it makes the op safer and it starts you getting used to what you will need to do after the op. For me the decision to get thebypass came after I started sliding back and I just knew that I could never live at that weight again. Hopefully your op will be soon. In the meantime good luck

M

Hiya, I hope time flies by for you and you get the surgery soon. Once this is done you will be amazed at how quickly things improve once the weight starts coming off.

Thinking of you, hoping things improve and if not, then hopefully they won't get any worse xx

Sarah

I'm sat here agreeing with all that you are saying. At 30+ stone myself I know how it feels. If it wasn't for my bills and therefore having to go to work I would not leave my house.

We are all on the same road to a healthy lifestyle and hopefully a better life overall. A long road it may be but a very worthwhile one.

On attending my first session on this journey at my hospital someone asked about timescales. To which the reply was this is not life saving it is life enhancing surgery and however long it takes it will be worth it. This puts it all into perspective for me even on those days when I can't even bear my own weight on my legs!!

We will all get there and with the support of this website and it's contributors.

Good Luck

surgery date next fingers crossed xx

Hi everyone, not sure if i'm posting in the right place but i feel i need to get a few things off my chest.
I'm really struggling at the minute with everyday life, Walking, cleaning, working, getting up and down off the settee, showering etc etc etc.
I went away for a girly weekend with my best mate and we had a lovely time in Wales but christ, i couldn't breath for the life of me.
Every few steps and i could feel the effort increasing til eventually i had to just say "ok, i need to sit down".
Ok, i'm 32 stone plus, i don't expect to and have never been able to run around but how i feel at the minute really scares me.
I'm now using a cpap machine for sleep apnoea and feel so sad that my life has come to this.
This op needs to hurry up and fast.
Thanks for listening x

Just wanted to say I know exactly how you felt. I weighed in at almost 29 stone, and got out of breath coming down the stairs from the bathroom.

I have managed to lose over 3 stone lately, and it has changed my life, I have just today walked a mile without stopping once and without feeling out of breath.

I also use a cpap machine and I know its not nice, but remember this isnt for life, you should be able to get rid of this after you lose the weight with your wls.

If theres anything I can do to help, you know where I am.

Try and lose a few pounds, it will be of benefit to you x.

Sarah, I too am having trouble, since seeing Dr Kendrick in Jan all I have lost in total is 12lb, it is hard but we will get there.

Helen x:gen126:

Hi sarah, reading your thread reminded me of myself, I too have to use cpap, and find it a little difficult but it has helped me so much. i too have difficulty walking, going upstairs, cant do up my own shoes. i had my band three weeks ago and have lost a stone already, so you will get there trust me its not easy but its well worth it.

Sarah,
I have only just spotted your post.
I too can relate to how you are feeling and how the simple things in life become a massive struggle.
Hang on in there my darling, your time will come xx

Thank you all for you words of encouragement. I'm comforted by being reminded that i'm not alone and there are others out there that are struggling just as much as i am. We'll keep ticking on together eh x

Sarah i'm with you all the way, hope you are doing well... I'll be watching out for you in the May challenge also :) If i can help just shout, i am here for you my lovely friend xx

Thanks julie, i've just commented on the may challenge thread and i'm pleased to report all is going well.x

Back