• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Struggling

nicola1723

With cravings last 2 days. My brain and body are locked in battle! Plus I'm pre menstrual it's not helping.
Some people they don't crave naughty foods post op. I really am :(

Awe what you craving? I can't say I've had any craving or any interest in food at all really its fella who keeps saying have breakfast have lunch etc or I'd forget. Fingers crossed it wears off soon do you think its head hunger?

Awe Nicola, thinking of you. I suspect it is head hunger - if you tried to eat these things you would regret it ... in so many ways. Bear with it, keep strong. It's such early days for you - honestly it will get easier. These first weeks I found overwhelmingly challenging. I really do understand but I can say that I do not have any urges for naughties. In fact the 'discomfort' I feel most of the time is rather reassuring as I just so do not want to eat half the time as I don't feel the need to xxx

I don't feel hungry. Just get in a mood that I can't have what I want. Food has been my companion for over 30 years. Some days I hate that I've done this to myself. Mostly I'm glad. But some days I just want a cheeseburger or a scone or a roast dinner. I know in time I'll be able to have more variety but this stage is miserable lol!

Awe bless you xx

Yes, a period of mourning ... You are saying goodbye to your best-friend and worst enemy. You will be fine. Just remember that urges for those things got us into the situation of needing surgery - and having made the decision to go ahead we were prepared to feel the fear knowing a rosy liberated future is ahead. When I'm having a wobble I just remember how empowered I felt when I had made the decision, and as the weight starts to really come off and you can eat a wide range of those normal foods just not much of them, you will feel so much better. I eat scones, and even had a sprinkle doughnut yesterday - was not proud of myself but I lived to tell the tale. Tho I will not make a habit as there is so little opportunity to eat (due to how full I feel all the time, espesh if my system is on go slow - which it is just now and even drinking is uncomfortable as I feel it is all backing-up, which I'm sure it isn't but just my head thinks so!), that I try to make sensible choices whenever I can.

Hang on in there Nicola. We have all been there and understand how emotional we felt initially xx

Hi Nicola, I find the week before I'm due I really crave food - it's just some crazy hormonal thing and passes! You will be fine x it's almost like your body is saying 'come on, we need to feather the nest for the potential passenger'

I wouldn't give in to it as I'm very susceptible to dumping so far and I hate being sick! It's just the frustration. I'm a bit of a spoilt brat sometimes when I can't have what I want lol

Hi Nicola I'm due to have sleeve on 7/12/13 I'm dreading being pre menstrual as I crave sweet things always this is going to be hard for me also , you are doing amazing keep strong I will tell myself the same lol xx

We all understand ... We are here for each other. Just weather these first few weeks as best you can ... And I suspect when you have to start buying a new wardrobe, you'll be saying the same things to newbies on here ... And telling them the bypass was the best decision you made. Chin up pet xx

Your welcome hope your doing ok I'm doing ok on the milk diet first few days were really hard but used to it now only 6 days left until surgery I'm so excited xx

Good lucky Baby goose I too was very excited and couldn't wait for my op.

I was excited. And mostly I'm glad. Saw my reflection today in my nightie ( I don't do mirrors lol) and can actually see it now! Woo lol xx

Hugs my love! You can and will make it through. Xxx

First of all hon, this is totally normal. And as you get further out you will achieve a more lifestyle friendly diet :) Its very early days - options hot chocolates are very good for those cravings days.

Hi Nicola, sorry to hear you are struggling today x Just a word of warning - Options made me really sick a few days ago so I think you may be best to wait a week. We are so new to this journey our choices are very limited and it is a struggle. BUT it will get better!!! Think of how great you are going to feel when you ENJOY looking in the mirror!!!! I know food is our old friend, so we think.....but it wasn't really, it led us to having a Bypass!!! Bacon sarnies seem lovely in our head....but they aren't in reality Hun. Stick with it and try to make good choices. We will both feeling amazing in a few months xxxx

Hey Ceecie - you see, there you are ... Giving support to a relative newbie. You are one of us now! We are all in this together.

Nicola - honestly, it will get better. The pluses will very soon cancel out the minuses xxx

Oh, and Yve has spoken. Without her this forum would not be as powerful. An inspiration, and fountain of advice and experience. The reining queen of the bypass! <3

Hey Ceecie - you see, there you are ... Giving support to a relative newbie. You are one of us now! We are all in this together.

Nicola - honestly, it will get better. The pluses will very soon cancel out the minuses xxx

Oh, and Yve has spoken. Without her this forum would not be as powerful. An inspiration, and fountain of advice and experience. The reining queen of the bypass! <3

Hey Hun.....I couldn't help myself, I've had such a positive day I needed to share some love!! :) I have been so grateful for the advice you and others have provided, those dark days were easier as a result. I'm really starting to believe in this forum.

Hope Nicola has a better day tomorrow!

X

Back