• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Struggling

Hi Nicola for the sweet craving how about some sugar free syrups that you get , honestly they make lovely milk shakes , I'm thinking of trying to make some low fat ice cream as a way if getting extra protein in ! .
I sorry to mention it but I was really bunged up and took dulcolax which did shift it adventually . But I was still very close to getting some suppositories !!

Tried lactulose today. No movements just loads of wind pain and guffs keeping me awake lol :/

Yes, it is the nature of the beast in the bottle. I seem to recall somewhere on the forum posting a warning for the Luctulose inexperienced or ill-informed, as the chemical process is quite alarming ... And resembles what happens to your inside should reach for a high-sugar food ... Ooo! Pardon me vicar.

Oh (and without wanting to hijack here - forgive me). Just wanted you to know I was today diagnosed with chickenpox. Silver lining (1) signed off work for a week due to being highly infectious, and (2) have lost half a stone since Saturday! Get in! Look like a pizza tho ... Not that I can confidently recall what one looks like, it's been so long ;-)

Hi Nicola for the sweet craving how about some sugar free syrups that you get , honestly they make lovely milk shakes , I'm thinking of trying to make some low fat ice cream as a way if getting extra protein in ! . I sorry to mention it but I was really bunged up and took dulcolax which did shift it adventually . But I was still very close to getting some suppositories !!

Craving savoury more than sweet. My team said not to take dulcolax or senna as it's not good for the pouch?

Oh I don't know Ceecie ... It is very unpleasant. Thanks for the get well wishes. I'll do my best to speed things along ... The doc's parting words were that if I develop pneumonia I must act quickly ... Lordy be!

Lilac. I'm so sorry to have bothered you. I hadn't realised you were feeling so poorly. Forget about my question. I hope that you are feeling better soon. :)

What kind of savoury are you craving? Could you have something mushy but add salt or spice? Mashed potato with sea salt and cracked black pepper? Or with tikka masala paste? Or mashed corned beef & pickle?

Hi Lilacglittergirl. Could you tell me how to start a diary. I'm on day 1 of my pre op and thought that I would start one.

Hi Grannie (may I/we call you that?) Welcome to the forum. Really hope you get on ok with the pre-op. Stick to it like glue and you'll be fine. If it gets hard and you fear a wobble, come straight on here, let us know what's going on and someone will be along pretty fast with a helping hand.

Can't confidently help you tho with your question re setting up a dairy (and no bother for asking - posting a reply will take my mind off the itching for five mins!). I haven't set one up as I didn't find the forum until I was just short of three weeks post-op (bypass). I am pretty vocal on here tho and seem to comment on most threads especially if they belong to fellow bypassers (I just took the opportunity to hijack Nicola's diary re her recent post op struggles today to share that I had the plague?). However, I have started a few threads and if I recall you go into your User CP, and select the topic you are posting about, and it gives an option to start a new thread ... But hopefully someone who has will come along with technical assistance.

All the best xx

Sorry Nicola hun! Didn't mean to hijack beyond just being a pathetic drama-queen and sympathy chaser by letting the WLS world know that I had been confined to bed for days with a fever and suppurating spots oooozing gunk of mediaeval proportions and leading to interminable itching causing me to gain a qualification overnight in contortion ... And it is not even as if I mentioned the magical healing power of the size 20 pink Hello Kitty onesie ... I want no more said on the matter. :)

Anyways hun. How's you been today? Hope you are still getting on OK. Keep us informed xxxxx

Back