• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Struggling

My provider is quite anti protein powders. I tried mash about a week ago and it felt horrible going down! I think I will try again and make it thinner. It's all trial and error! Quite glad I've lost my taste for anything sweet though :)

My hubby's alarm has just gone off for work :/ lol oops!

Oh no :( That's horrible! Plenty of fluids, cranberry juice, water & the sachets. In fact id go straight to your GP :( The tablets they prescribe work within hours, better than dealing with it for days! And the sachets taste horrible!

Thanks flick it's just started stinging , haven't got any cranberry juice just drinking water ATM .i phone up at 8

Had a temper tantrum at euston station this morning. Was starving and wanted a sandwich/toast. Cried and came home and got in bed. Pmt not helping lol
I was really hoping my cravings might have gone, but they are still there. Bread especially. But I know if I eat it I will regret it! (2 weeks post op)

Luckily my cravings for sweet things have disappeared and the thought of chocolate, sweets, cakes or coffee makes me nauseous! Probably because I dump very easily.

Weird brains!!!

Hi years of those cravings won't disappear and we a want to sabotage our new tool. But once those results kick in, so will your improved frame of mind!
Stay positive x

I stomped around euston like a 3 year old. Eyeballing people eating what they like lol. Pathetic but I was so frustrated!!

I know how you feel, I have no desire for sweet stuff, but want to cry when my kudos eat crisps or toast and marmite!

Is it just me that has no interest in food, today I sat in the food hall in a huge mall with KFC, Nandos, Pizza hut, Subways, Indian, Chinese, Baguettes, Pub Grub, Fish & Chips, Jacket spud bar, and had no interest in the food whatsoever I supped on my flavoured water.

You're very lucky! It's nothing to do with hunger for me though, I just feel like I want the taste of things! Just a bite!

Oh deary me! Bless you Nicola. It will all be over in a few weeks and you'll be able to have those flavours and textures again. You'll be more able then to see that it's just your head, and your body is doing just fine thanks v much. Hopefully then these urges will not torment you so, and you can keep your emotions in check. Hang on in there! xxx

You say you want what you can't have, but you now have something very precious and special which most large people don't have. Anyone can access cheap processed high cal food 24/7 (that's the problem for our society - it is just too easy). You have been able to have a tool 'fitted' to help you put to bed forever your issues around food. If you use it wisely from day one you will see great results. Think back to your psychiatric assessments pre-op, and what you hopefully learned about your relationship with food, and what drove you to go down the route of WLS. We really cannot have our cake and eat it - well, maybe a tiddily portion on a very special occasion.

Hugs xx

Is it just me that has no interest in food, today I sat in the food hall in a huge mall with KFC, Nandos, Pizza hut, Subways, Indian, Chinese, Baguettes, Pub Grub, Fish & Chips, Jacket spud bar, and had no interest in the food whatsoever I supped on my flavoured water.
haha sounds like meadow hall! And trust me you want to hold onto this feeling as long as you can cos it doesn't last.

You're very lucky! It's nothing to do with hunger for me though, I just feel like I want the taste of things! Just a bite!
this is very normal Hun. Use this opportunity to start building your strategies for dealing with these situations. Set some goals and pick a dress or some clothes to get into. Write a list of the reasons for sticking with it and a list for not. Be honest about it!

Days are so up and down at the moment! Dumped on chicken soup, massive period pain and constipation. Happy Friday! :(

Thanks everyone for your support this site really helps me I'm now 5 days post op the first few were so hard I kept wishing I had not had surgery but it's getting easier and slowly I'm getting better and better it is certainly not an easy option for anyone who says that's the easy way out it so is wrong ! Hope everyone here is doing ok xxxx

Days are so up and down at the moment! Dumped on chicken soup, massive period pain and constipation. Happy Friday! :(

Hun are you eating too fast? I use the Chew Timer app on my IPhone and make sure I leave 20 secs each time I swallow before putting more in my mouth. Or maybe you are having too much? I mix all soup with water also and have just over 1/4 tin xxx

Check the sugar. I rarely dump but had a bad experience on tomato soup a few weeks ago yet I had my op in feb!

Back