• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Struggling

Hi Nicola how about vit vegetable juice it's really nice does have a lot of salt but I like the savory taste ? I never thought I during this and enjoy it before surgery

Hi glitter girl. Grannie is fine. Thanks for the reply. I'm on day 2 of pre op diet. It seems to be going ok, but tomorrow is another day. Lol Tuesday can't come soon enough for me. I went for my pre-op today so that's done and all went well. I just wish it was next week.

Nicola, for my meals atm im eating lots of meat based things. Some days I have a couple of pieces of chicken breast or a slice of corned beef for lunch. Trying hard to eat meat as often as I can. Adding peanut butter to ready brek is also another way to get some protein in. Melba toast with tomato chutney & light primila is a fav of mine atm. Are you allowed scrambled eggs yet?

I've got another 2 weeks of purées. All meat had to be puréed. Even in weeks 4-8 I'm not allowed any meat except finely minced beef. Not allowed "real meat" until stage 3, week 8 onwards. I can have scrambled egg from week 4 but been told to have with caution as egg can be hard to break down. Not allowed stuff like Melba toast until week 4/6+
Most days I can still only eat 2/3tbsps at one sitting still. Dietitian was happy with that, just said I need to try and do it 3/5 times a day!

Yeah, same :/ Ive been having normal food chewed to the same consistency as puree though. Eating smaller portions of real food than if it was pureed as the chewing and time inbetween mouthfuls is much longer and slower but fills you up quicker. Still having fromage frais and berries/mushy wheetabix/ready brek as first meal. I know its bad but I dont know what the difference is between mixing it to a pulp in the blender or doing the same by chewing? :(

I've got another 2 weeks of purées. All meat had to be puréed. Even in weeks 4-8 I'm not allowed any meat except finely minced beef. Not allowed "real meat" until stage 3, week 8 onwards. I can have scrambled egg from week 4 but been told to have with caution as egg can be hard to break down. Not allowed stuff like Melba toast until week 4/6+
Most days I can still only eat 2/3tbsps at one sitting still. Dietitian was happy with that, just said I need to try and do it 3/5 times a day!

Wow 2/3 tbsp! Thats good! Im eating half that & still getting full. Blimey AND 3/5 times a day? Id feel like I was forever eating. How do you manage that? I have days, like today, where I didnt feel hungry so didnt eat anything until dinner time :( Dont know if its guna affect weightloss, I still find it hard to eat that often!

I'm following their rules to the letter almost! I've got to this size by breaking the rules all my life. I know this is how I need to do it to ensure I get long term weight loss. I've paid all this money and have such a clear goal it would be foolish of me not to do as they say.

That's just me. I need to do it this way. Everyone is different :)

I suppose you're right. And its obviously working if you've lost so much weight so quickly! I want to try and go backwards. Eating purees and stuff. I found I didnt want to eat because pureed food made me feel sick :( I think I should at least try

It is hard. Purées make me a bit nauseous too, but it's only 2 more weeks. At the moment I'm eating 2/3tbsps probably 2 times a day and lots of soups, but been told I need more protein so meat purées, low fat cheese spread, milk, lentils. They were happy I'm drinking so much though lol! I got told off for having cup a soups lol x

Whats wrong with cuppa soups? Alot of blegh, not alot of substance?
I prepared pre op buy buying low cal meaty soups ready to puree. Had 1/2 a tin over 3 days, froze the rest and left it.
Yeah, I look up to you managing to drink so much, I think its amazing lol take today for instance 2 cups of coffee and 200ml nas squash. Since 7:30am.. Bad!! :(

Im not seeing my team until the end of january. 8 week check!

I'm always thirsty! Yeah they said cup a soups no nutritional value :(
I'm back to my team again on 15th Jan. Aftercare with streamline is very good :) x

I would like to know what that feels like. I dont feel hungry or thirsty very often. Pre or post op! I know its late but I think I may go force down some fromage frais mixed with a little milk & soft fruit. I dumped earlier and went to bed at 6:30! Finding it hard to go back to sleep now.

Do you have a drink with you all the time? If so, what do you drink? Do you use a straw? How much do hou pour out at a time? Sorry for the silly questions!

Aw poor you. Dumping is so yuck! :(

I have a pint of nas squash with me all the time. Straw gave me windy pops so I just sip. It's got easier over time, but still hurts if I drink too much, too fast.

I'm unlike you in that I used to eat shed loads pre surgery and used to drink lots of fizzy drinks too. My brain is still catching up!

I think im guna take a leaf out of your book and try having a drink with me all the time, starting now! If I dont use a straw I tend to drink more quickly and then get pain. When hubby is home, he guzzles for england, he offers drinks to me all day long. When hes at work however I dont bother to sort myself out at all!

Sucks doesnt it? I couldnt really afford to buy fizzy pre op. Occasionally bought cheap diet coke to have on off days or "unlimited refills" if I went out for dinner. I started buying pepsi max cherry during the pre op diet as I was allowed it! Was very tasty and only up until a few days ago I was still drinking it! :/

I think im guna take a leaf out of your book and try having a drink with me all the time, starting now! If I dont use a straw I tend to drink more quickly and then get pain. When hubby is home, he guzzles for england, he offers drinks to me all day long. When hes at work however I dont bother to sort myself out at all!

Sucks doesnt it? I couldnt really afford to buy fizzy pre op. Occasionally bought cheap diet coke to have on off days or "unlimited refills" if I went out for dinner. I started buying pepsi max cherry during the pre op diet as I was allowed it! Was very tasty and only up until a few days ago I was still drinking it! :/

I miss gulping! It helps that I'm always thirsty lol

I duno why that posted so many times :/

You can savour the flavour now lol Im worried about going to tge gym. When I used to go, gulping half a bottle of water was so refreshing, now what happens??

Hi Nicola how about adding skim milk powder to every thing or get some protein whey powder to add to milk shakes. . You could just sprinkle it in every think ? Iv been looking for one that's tasteless to add to nas squash. I add skim and extra light cheese triangles to mash! .

Back