• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im stuck!!!

Tiggerific

I Love my Bypass!
I am completely stuck and dont know what to do and I am hoping an experienced bypasser has some advice for me.

I had my RNY 14 weeks ago now and the weight loss has been ok. But since September I have lost NOTHING!!

I lost 4st 9lb in the first 9 weeks (including pre-op diet) but since the 3rd of September I have not lost an ounce :raincloud:

My appetite is awful and I know I dont eat enough, I rarely have more than 2 protein rich meals and no snacks in a day. I am getting my 2 litres of fluid in tho. I try to exercise daily (wii fit)

Is it because I am not eating a lot? I thought surely it would come off if I didnt eat?!?!

HELP!!!! :argh:

Although not experienced yet as only 12days post op, I would say it is your low food intake, especially protein. Hope someone can be a bit more relevant for you, honey, but congratulations on your brilliant weight loss up to now xxx :)

Deffo low food intake!Your body is in starvation mode!Get some more protein down your neck,3/4 meals and 2 snacks.Nibble almonds,babybels,pnb,milky coffee,fish,cottage cheese and mince.

yep, as has been said, its prob due to low food intake. Our bodies need a certain amt to keep going. You will have plateaus - I have had a couple now that lasted about 5-6weeks each but the important thing to remember is to keep eating the right stuff and exercise - it will eventually start coming off again.

Well done so far

x

Definitely not enough food intake! Milky coffees will help up your protein, or you can buy some protein powder and make shakes if neccessary. It's best to get it from food but I know it's difficult. I mix the protein powder into fruit yoghurts. I also liquidise cooked vegetables and then blend them into canned soup to add extra nutrients. You can also add dried milk powder to your milky coffees to give them a little extra protein. I stalled for 3 weeks and then upped my protein and it started to shift again.

Your body sounds like it is in starvation mode because you aren't eating enough so it is hanging onto every calorie. I rely a lot on protein bullets in order to get enough protein in. My weight has a tendency to stick and I stop losing when I don't get at least 70 grams of protein in daily.

Back