• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stuck!!

kalkatt

Hey all, I am 6 days post op, and need some advice, I have got the worst bottom blockage going!! i am prescribed tramadol which is well known to block things up, am trying to drink as much as possible, any other ideas? Really need to get things moving!!

I'm on Morphine and had a terrible time....until i had Movicol 2/3 times a day for a few days...then lets just say i lost about 4lb in a day!

It's no fun,There is a few things to try and i'm sure there will be a few options people will tell you about...Hope you get sorted soon..Good luck
Andy x

Get prescribed some lactulose by your doc,or if you pay for prescriptions find out if it's cheaper OTC. I have the same problem whenver I take NSAIDs too, it's infuriating!

Trip to the chemist tomorrow then! I just don't know how I can be constipated when I've not eaten anything!! Lol Thanks all x

You probably need something other than movicol or lactulose initially, as that will not help the immediate problem. You can buy glycerine suppositories from the chemist, I know it sounds a bit yuck, but if you can use it, leave it in for as long as possible before you go to the loo. That should get you started again.

Once u get it sorted try prune juice and fibergel to keep.things going and Also boots do glycerine supposositries they are supposed to work well Read that somewhere on here hope that helps hune.

Dulcoease is what I used in the early days, especially as the tablets are very very small so they don't cause any problems with the band. They are often gentler than some of the other methods, but you can take 2 which can help move things along too.

I had to get lactulose as well. Went 4 days after op and felt lousy. Was in so much pain but it did eventually budge......... Try drinking plenty of fluids and a hot sweet tea helped as well.

It's not nice but the relief is immense. And once you have cleared this 'blockage' you should be ok, touch wood.

Someone told me it is to do with the anesthetic as well apparently it puts all your organs to sleep and bowel is one of the last to wake back up!!! lol x x

Thanks all! You will be glad to know that I am now unblocked! Took some senekot last night and it had the desired effect, I'm surprised I didn't wake up the street with my screams and I now have nail marks in the ceiling! But feeling sooo much better!

It's prob the one thing I wasn't prepared for, I wouldn't recommend the senekot route though, far too violent!! X

Back