• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

stupid IIH

Tonibones10

Im Finally Getting There!
urgh I have a banging headache plus side effects from tablets that are meant to help stop the headaches ... omg I could scream lol but it would hurt my head too much Haha Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

NOMOREyoyo said:
ouch - I hate headaches hun! sorry to hear you're feeling rough xx

I've kind of got used to having them now but just want rid of them, I'm hoping these tablets work cos I don't like the sound of the next step of treatment but I don't think these are really working Xx

No but I have a 6 week review on the 10th of march but they said if my sight gets worse or my headache gets unbearable I have been told to ring the doctors and ask to be referred for an urgent lumbar puncture .... xxx

I may have them for years it depends what they do to the fluid Xx

Sorry to be rude Toni but I have my pre op tomo and I had a Brain haemorrhage in 2009 and I'm so scared they wont let me have my band because of this. Sorry to ask a personal question but what have they said about ur illness regards to having an operation done.. Sorry for asking x

Hi, im sure this (the brain haemorrhage) would be listed in your notes and surgeon would have been told about this?

i do hope you hear what you want to hear though xx

mrs flump said:
Sorry to be rude Toni but I have my pre op tomo and I had a Brain haemorrhage in 2009 and I'm so scared they wont let me have my band because of this. Sorry to ask a personal question but what have they said about ur illness regards to having an operation done.. Sorry for asking x

I've been told it will help to loose weight but not caused by it Noone seems to say anything about the op so i don't think anything changes .... xxx

Don't worry about it :) so have you got a date for the op or anything hun Xx

Can I ask does it affect you at all now? ... has your surgeon said anything about it Xx

I'm having the op because of IIH my neurologist and neurosurgeon referred me. I couldn't have the band because I have a shunt so have to have Bypass.

The tablets made me worse, I couldn't tolerate them. I'm one of the unlucky few whose shunt keeps blocking. So hopefully losing weight will help.

I'm tolerating the tablets but don't feel like there doing a whole lot and keep getting a lot of side effects that are driving me mad lol ... I'm just hoping I get my op soon so I can try get rid of this ..... I hope it works for you hun Xx

You may need them upped. Horrible nasty things but if they work then you can tolerate the nasties - they never for me so I stopped taking them with the ok from my neuro.

So sorry you have this horrible condition. However, you're not alone, if you need to vent, moan etc feel free.

TBH I'm not bothered if it doen't help the IH the surgeons will sort my shunt if I lose weight. I know it will cut down the risk of diabetes and with my family history diabetes is the thing that scares me.

And skinny jeans and bikers jacket - hubby is buying them for my birthday in November - before I'm too old

Nanny Og said:
You may need them upped. Horrible nasty things but if they work then you can tolerate the nasties - they never for me so I stopped taking them with the ok from my neuro.

So sorry you have this horrible condition. However, you're not alone, if you need to vent, moan etc feel free.

TBH I'm not bothered if it doen't help the IH the surgeons will sort my shunt if I lose weight. I know it will cut down the risk of diabetes and with my family history diabetes is the thing that scares me.

And skinny jeans and bikers jacket - hubby is buying them for my birthday in November - before I'm too old

Hi, I also had bypass in November with the hope of stopping iih and iv since lost 6 stone and no longer have headaches! I couldn't tolerate the meds I had terrible tingling and numbness in fingers and toes. But luckily I didnt need a shunt that was the next option! Just glad I don't need anymore lp's . Good luck with your op have u got a date yet? Am xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

28 th March 7 weeks today woohoo.

You don't know how glad I am to hear you say it has helped your IIH. I'm struggling big style just now.

THere's definitely light at the end of the tunnel

Yeah if my op doesn't help with my iih at least I will be thin and won't get nasty docs saying "just lose weight" .... but I really hope it does help .... xxx

Nanny Og said:
28 th March 7 weeks today woohoo.

You don't know how glad I am to hear you say it has helped your IIH. I'm struggling big style just now.

THere's definitely light at the end of the tunnel

Aw not too long hey, I hope it helps you hun Xx

I'll definitely be keeping you posted on progress post op. Just wish I could lose a bit pre op. Need to get my head sorted.

I'll be glad when I'm on the pre op diet cos I know food can't be an option

Back