• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sucks to be me!

serenitylove

well guys an update got into hospital this morning at 7.30 met my surgeon mr johns seemed nice mr summers said a quick hello told i was second on list and would be about an hours wait at 11 i was told id been moved to third on list and he had only just taken second person down at 2 i was told i was now last on list! so at 4 im still patiently waiting the nurses commenting on how slow the new guy is then in he walks and tells me i cant be done today he has run out of time:cry:so i ask when he says thursday mr slater will do me, and leaves i thn get told by nurse it might not be thursday depends if there is a bed now i have to wait till monday to ring christine to find out if i will be done this week i feel so drained now ,dissapointed and a little pee'd off! on the brighter side i lost 8kilo's on pre op so thats something

:hug99: what a nightmare! Fantastic on the 8kg though, that's really good :) well done!

So sorry to hear that I bet your feeling well fed up. Hopefully you will get it on Thursday. Thinking of you xx

thanks guys im trying to remain positive im going to go on a soup diet for a few days then if i get go ahead on monday back to the dreaded milk i really wana go eat a bag of crisps but im trying to resist and break the im pissed off so eat cycle

Not a good day then, you psyche yourself up so much for surgery and then to have it cancelled is not good. Hope you get it done very soon xxxxx

Ffs!!! sorry but I could imagine how I would have felt if they told me that, on the other hand fantastic news on the weight loss and well done for not reaching for the crisps.

I'd have kicked of big time, i know the pre op nerves you must have gone through, plus the agony of the pre op diet, its just not good enough

Hope it works out for you next week

Richard

Oh, that is so disappointing for you, mate :(

I am very sorry to hear you've been bumped back on the list, but I am sure Christine will do everything she can to get you in - she and Jo are brill and will do everything they can to help.

Glad you didn't reach for the crisps... that would have made you feel even worse. Like you said, have soup and then hop back on the milk once you get your new date.

Chin up and think of the fab weightloss so far... not to mention what you will lose once you get that band fitted!

:hug99:

x

Oh, that is so disappointing for you, mate :(

I am very sorry to hear you've been bumped back on the list, but I am sure Christine will do everything she can to get you in - she and Jo are brill and will do everything they can to help.

Glad you didn't reach for the crisps... that would have made you feel even worse. Like you said, have soup and then hop back on the milk once you get your new date.

Chin up and think of the fab weightloss so far... not to mention what you will lose once you get that band fitted!

:hug99:

x
ty hun iv just had some soup and am now so full up on half a bowl i think cause it first thing i had it tasted soooo good gona stick to soup till monday then back on milk if it def for thurs x just wasnt meant to be today but got to know the staff and they were lovely and so appologetic i couldnt get cross it not there fault

That is the pits!! Have you got to stay there till they 'do' you or can you go home?
Lynne x

got to know the staff and they were lovely and so appologetic i couldnt get cross it not there fault

True, they are lovely... who was on?

And you have every right to get angry, mate... it's no fun to be bumped off the list, especially after fasting :( But like you said, it's not their fault :eek:

But good for you for keeping positive and staying on soup - not long and you will be back on that ward ;)

x

i had angela i think her name was and another woman who's name i didnt know short blonde hair she was also lovely they were so busy with someone needing alot of extra help but still laughed and chatted iv been in hosp a few times and nurses aint usually that friendly
im not gona let one setback knock me now and revert back to the bad ways x the other lady from pre op was done today tho and it went well and im now hoping for thurs as there was someone else there from pre op clinic being done on 8th be nice to catch up with her again everything happens for a reason i think , although that said iv just been trying cosmic ordering! got to be worth a try!

Ah, I think you mean Andrea? And the other nurse could have been Cilla... both lovely nurses... in fact, all the nurses there are fab!!! :)

Did you see Emma? She had her bypass on Wednesday. It's possible that she was already discharged - when I was there, one girl was done on Wednesday and home by Friday!!! :D

Hang on in there... before you know it, you'll be making the trip back ;)

x

What a bummer but well done on being so positive. Brtter they bumped you than trying to fit you in when they are tired. good luck for monday hope everything goes in your favor.

Back