• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i just want to be able to have a life

michala

well after months of waiting for my funding de ision the truth is out..... the surgeon is holding it up by not filling in the form despite being asked by the pct twice and several requests from heartlands staff. now ive been told he has a very long waiting list.( waas told in april id have surgery b4 end of year) and it will be a good while yet! im angry that my hopes were built up id everything i was told to do and i now feel as though ive wasted my time. my friend was refered to gloucester and from start to finish was TEN weeks!!!!:cry::wave_cry:

Im sorry you are being messed about hun, it does seem to happen a lot Im afraid. Its the postcode lottery out there and some people seem to get through really fast and others seem to take ages. Im Manchester PCT and it took approx 2 years for me.
Good Luck with your journey hun XX Try and stay positive!

I hope the surgeon speeds things up but my wait from GP referral to surgery was approx. 3 years.

Good Luck

I thought my waiting time was long, will be 10 months if all goes to plan in December.
Im hoping it speeds up for you love as its no joke this lot.
Wishing you all the best xxxx

The waiting is awful and even more so when you get promised stuff and then let down. I'm so very sorry for you. Hang on on there, you will get there in the end. Maybe it's time to start making a big fuss?

sorry it's taking a long time for you. Try to think of it in relation to how long you've been fat though and it will suddenly seem a lot shorter.

awww so sorry uve been waiting a long time i see u said ur under heartlands?? i am too mr kumar i got told by a dr of his team the other day that if i dont hear off him after 2 weeks of seeing him which is 8th november to get on his secreterys back bcus hes a great surgeon but a bit rubbish at that side of things so thats what i will be doin, call pals or his secretary and see what they can do.
hope u dont wait much longer xxx

i phone mr kumars sectary every week to see if he has a date for me and all i get in a no..... im on the list tho is what she say... yeah i bloody no this ive been waiting 2 blimming years, she even recognises my voice now!! lol im getting so frustrated as ive had no holiday at all this year ive kept my holiday dates for the recovery for the op and now looks like im gunna loose them all, ive been told i wont be done this year even tho mr kumar said i would... since ive started this journery hes now on his second sectary and shes new to the system and addmitted to me the other month shes finding hard.... grrrrrrrrrhhhhh i said to her put my name at the top and it will be easier for u lol xx good luck with any one having a bypass at the heartlands i no what ya going through xx

Back