• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sue's feeling down again, sorry

daftmoo

:cry:hi folks, I need some advice on how to lift my mood.
Feel so low at the moment, I'm so skint, benefit people messed up and had no money from them for 3 weeks,
I'm the only one in my family that is a single parent on benefits so dreading xmas,
got no spare money to go swimming or any formal exercise.
One of my sons said I look a tramp in my too big clothes.
No one will give me a job.
My family live 90 miles away and 2 of them were up this way saturday and didnt even bother to call in or offer to meet up.
And to top it all I stayed the same this week.

Sorry just needed to let off some sream before I explode.

Reactions: Bev
Hi Sue

Can you not meet up with fellow single parents in your area?

I think if you could talk to people in the same/similar situation you could get helpful advice.

Sorry I can't be of more help but I didn't want to read and run.

Poppy x

Hi Sue,
I wish you were in striking distance of me, I would be asking you here. We are at opposite sides of the country.

Times get tough and what I would do for starters is the following... you have a computer, so what can you sell on ebay... get it on and start generating an xmas fund.

With any money you have got get your freezer stocked up with Iceland or Aldi stuff and try and keep your vitamin levels up... look out your supplements too!

Use what you have got and hang on through this rough period... make do and mend and when this passes, you have no one to thank and you will survive.

Can you do anything about the benefits agency? Do they have a crisis fund? I am not well up on benefits... but they should give you all some consideration... please badger a Manager!

Send me a message if I can help...

Wish we lived closer.

Love and hugs, Bev xxx

just a suggestion and not sure if they still do it but at my doctors I have heard of them prescribing exercise on the nhs and gave some swimming passes and even rosemary conley classes on nhs is it worth a phone call maybe?? As per christmas well you can forget buying for those family members who didnt bother coming to see you so there is a saving already also go and see Social Security as they can do a crisis loan especially if their cockup. Also try charity shops they have some wonderful things and I wont be buying every size i go down to from high street stores if I c an get it from asda or charity shops or ebay. I hope things start to pick up for you soon sounds like you need a break from the bad run your in and then when yo can eat properly and get the exercise in then you will lose I am sure. Walking doesnt cost money at all and one of the best exercises just wish I could get up off my arse and do it ha. Good luck x

Hi again, Jayne a great idea about the charity shops... I was thinking the same and there are some good ones around in our area... my friend had the prescription for attending a gym or swimming baths for twelve months... a great idea and she has used it most days..... so far.... she also attends weightwatchers classes free for three months on prescription.

I'd also make a list of inexpensive meals... a bit like my slow cooker meals and often there is enough to freeze for another day.

Good luck precious and we are thinking of you, keep us in touch xxx

Hi Sue. I'm so sorry you're in this predicament. You need to ask for a crisis loan. The benefits people have no right to do this when you have kids. It's appalling.

We too will be struggling this Christmas. I would say just focus on you and your kids, and everyone else will have to understand. I've already told my friends there won't be any presents this year as we're so skint.
Have you tried charity shops for smaller sizes? Or do you have a Sainsburies or Asda near you, they always seem to be having sales? Even one or two new things can give your wardrobe a boost.
Anyhow, if there's anything else I can do to help, please pm me.
Love Charis xxx

So sorry you are feeling down Sue, you have had some really good advice already and theres not really anything I can add. I would just say concentrate on you and your kids and anyone who matter will understand and they dont understand, they dont matter ((HUGS)) X

Oh Sue i'm so sorry you're feeling down, i understand about tight christmas' i've done a few myself and even now i'm the only one working in our house so i never go as mad as i'd like to...

Please do NOT go to the charity shops. Get yourself off down to all the local churches and see when they are having their xmas jumble sales. I'm sorry and i do believe in charity shops but a jumble sale is a charity shop without a nice window display and tbh charity shops aint as cheap as they used to be. They narrowly beat ebay only because you don't pay postage. You'll get half a dozen good quality items from the jumble sale for the price of something from the jumble. Okay there's a stigma attached, i understand that. But if you worry about that then just travel a bit further afield... :) You'll pick up a bag of bargains. As for your son who says you look like a bag of something, forget half his christmas presents and buy yourself something nice to wear for him xmas day xxxx

love n hugs to you xx

Please do NOT go to the charity shops. Get yourself off down to all the local churches and see when they are having their xmas jumble sales. I'm sorry and i do believe in charity shops but a jumble sale is a charity shop without a nice window display and tbh charity shops aint as cheap as they used to be. They narrowly beat ebay only because you don't pay postage. You'll get half a dozen good quality items from the jumble sale for the price of something from the jumble. Okay there's a stigma attached, i understand that. But if you worry about that then just travel a bit further afield... :) You'll pick up a bag of bargains. As for your son who says you look like a bag of something, forget half his christmas presents and buy yourself something nice to wear for him xmas day xxxx

Great idea about jumble sales! Charity shops in my town charge more than Asda or Sainsburies would for a pilled jumper- they sell a load of old tat expensive!
I'd be looking in jumble slaes too!
love n hugs to you xx[/QUOTE]

Well it's jumble sales over on the west coast too... it was all the go when I was growing up and you are right... the costs in charity shops can be high... sadly... all good tips... xxx

Hi Sue, this might not be the best advice. It’s just a quote, A few words.
“If you can see no light at the end of the tunnel stomp down their and turn the bloody thing on yourself.” Basically, self empowerment. You have to be strong for you and now mater how hard it may seem you are the only true person that can sort you out. You had the strength to admit you have a weight problem and sort that out, you’ve probably heard hurtful words for year and your bringing up kids on your own. Come on girl start stomping.
AL

:cry:hi folks, I need some advice on how to lift my mood.
Feel so low at the moment, I'm so skint, benefit people messed up and had no money from them for 3 weeks,
I'm the only one in my family that is a single parent on benefits so dreading xmas,
got no spare money to go swimming or any formal exercise.
One of my sons said I look a tramp in my too big clothes.
No one will give me a job.
My family live 90 miles away and 2 of them were up this way saturday and didnt even bother to call in or offer to meet up.
And to top it all I stayed the same this week.

Sorry just needed to let off some sream before I explode.
oh dear Sue ..sorry I haven't been on for a few days...
hun I cant advise about the money..I hope you can get it sorted ...

As for Christmas....
hun..Every year I get so annoyed at everyone who hypes this up and puts everyone under extreme pressure to spend,spend,spend.
i dont know how many you buy for or how old..but i say tell people your situation...people understand...it just takes a bit of bottle to do...you have that bottle x

.just believe that everything will fall into place....(it always does...but sometimes you have to give it a push!)

Let your frustrations out here hun...
we are here for you x x

Hi Sue, this might not be the best advice. It’s just a quote, A few words.
“If you can see no light at the end of the tunnel stomp down their and turn the bloody thing on yourself.” Basically, self empowerment. You have to be strong for you and now mater how hard it may seem you are the only true person that can sort you out. You had the strength to admit you have a weight problem and sort that out, you’ve probably heard hurtful words for year and your bringing up kids on your own. Come on girl start stomping.
AL

Love that quote Al :D XX

Hi Sue...
Just thought I would bump up this thread..
You are on my mind today...
Just wondering how you are feeling today...??
sending hugs your way and hoping the money is getting sorted out too hun x x x

Feeling a bit better today thanks apart from not having the money for diesel to go to my great uncle's funeral today.
Had a phone call today and 2 weeks JSA should go into my account later today so thats a result.
I cant thank all my lovely friends on here for all your support. I don't have any friends in the real word so its good to know I have everyone on here xxx

Hi Sue, I do wish we lived within striking distance... I am thinking of you Angel and do hope that you can get all of this resolved..

Sending a loving hug to you and yours precious and hoping that things will improve for you and stay that way...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Feeling a bit better today thanks apart from not having the money for diesel to go to my great uncle's funeral today.
Had a phone call today and 2 weeks JSA should go into my account later today so thats a result.
I cant thank all my lovely friends on here for all your support. I don't have any friends in the real word so its good to know I have everyone on here xxx
Phew...
Thats a relief...At least some money is coming through.
I am sorry you didn't make it to your great uncles funeral...I am sure you uncle would have understood and you can go and pay your respect another day....
Sending you hugs...
you always have us Sue..
x x x

I agree Sue, you can pay your respects to your Uncle at a later date, he would understand Im sure. Im pleaased to hear you are feeling a bit better and have some money coming through at last :D XX

Back