• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland do bypasses over christmas?

2nd chance Jo

Hi I had my consultant appointment 13th October and my consultant told me it would be 8weeks for endoscopy well exactly to the day it is 8weeks I have it on 5th December. He also said if all well after that I will be listed and it's currently 4 weeks to operation after endoscopy. I just wondering if this timescale would be affected over Christmas period or if there would be a chance it could be round Christmas/new year. I just want to be as best prepared for me and my family as I can not to mention if there is a chance I'll be doing LSD in December I need to cancel on some party nights / meals planned!! I do not know if they stop operations just before Christmas till after new year? Sorry for the ramble lol

Jo :)

Hospitals will still operate over the Christmas period (ie days either side, not the special days, as its skeleton theatre staff on those days). Few people accept dates around chrimbo, so there would probably be availability if you wanted it.

Zxx

Hi I had my consultant appointment 13th October and my consultant told me it would be 8weeks for endoscopy well exactly to the day it is 8weeks I have it on 5th December. He also said if all well after that I will be listed and it's currently 4 weeks to operation after endoscopy. I just wondering if this timescale would be affected over Christmas period or if there would be a chance it could be round Christmas/new year. I just want to be as best prepared for me and my family as I can not to mention if there is a chance I'll be doing LSD in December I need to cancel on some party nights / meals planned!! I do not know if they stop operations just before Christmas till after new year? Sorry for the ramble lol

Jo :)

Hi Jo,
Congratulations on getting this far! I hope you get the Op sorted. Can I just ask you? I have my appt at Sunderland this week with the Bariatric Nurse and dietician. do I then have a further appt made with Consultant or will I see him also this week? Just trying to work out timescales. Thanks, Jackie x

Hospitals will still operate over the Christmas period (ie days either side, not the special days, as its skeleton theatre staff on those days). Few people accept dates around chrimbo, so there would probably be availability if you wanted it. Zxx

Thank you for replying. That crossed my mind about people not wanting to accept over Christmas so if that's the case I would accept, Christmas is a danger time for weight gaining and it be the best reason to keep on track :)

Hi Jo, Congratulations on getting this far! I hope you get the Op sorted. Can I just ask you? I have my appt at Sunderland this week with the Bariatric Nurse and dietician. do I then have a further appt made with Consultant or will I see him also this week? Just trying to work out timescales. Thanks, Jackie x

Yer when I saw dietician and nurse end July they gave me a target to lose 1stone. At this appointment they said it was approx 12month wait to bypass but when I went and saw Mr small on 13th October the list had gone down. From what I've heard they have extra surgeons and are doing surgeries on weekends. :) it's all happened so fast it knocked me a bit to be honest when the date suddenly became closer

Yer when I saw dietician and nurse end July they gave me a target to lose 1stone. At this appointment they said it was approx 12month wait to bypass but when I went and saw Mr small on 13th October the list had gone down. From what I've heard they have extra surgeons and are doing surgeries on weekends. :) it's all happened so fast it knocked me a bit to be honest when the date suddenly became closer

Thanks Jo, I am just so impatient! I hope you get sorted soon. I think over Christmas would be a good time, excuse to let everyone else do all the work!

Thanks Jo, I am just so impatient! I hope you get sorted soon. I think over Christmas would be a good time, excuse to let everyone else do all the work!
haha yeh I suppose! I understand you being impatient I think I need it done Asap as I'm terrified and keep having to talk myself back into it lol but also my son is autistic and me and his dad have been offered a place on a 12week course to help deal and support him best. Only 6 families get offered a place in our area at year at moment due to funding. It starts 16th jan so I'm hoping I'll be ok it only once a week. I did ring hospital about a week ago and made it clear I can take cancellations so they took my details incase any come up

I had my endoscopy on 6th October and was offered a cancellation on 26th which as you know I couldn't take. My scheduled date turned out to be 1st November so just under the 4 weeks. I'm sure there will be people who won't accept dates over Christmas so if you can take a cancellation short notice you stand s good chance of being done by the end of the year.

Good luck, hope you don't have to wait too long x

Just thought I'd update. On my my way to take the kids to the firework display earlier and Sunderland rang offering me next Wednesday instead of 5th December for endoscopy. I accepted but I'm having serious doubts I'm sure it will be the standards nerves setting in even further x

Back