• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland referral- newbie Requires help

Nikki36

Hi am new to this and just been referred to Sunderland. I have my group session on 15 may and don't know what to expect. Could really do with some advice on what to expect and advice. Thanks

:welcome:

The seminar is basically an info session. They take your height and weight, then the surgeon takes you through the different options available and the dietician talks you through her side of things, then a post-opper tells you about their experiences. Finally you all have a chance to ask questions - its really informative x

Thanks very much for this am so nervous and it's took me months to build up the courage to ask the gp as have asked for help over years and they just sent me to dieticians and other groups and nothing has worked hopefully this is the start to a new me. Good luck with your journey x

Hiya and welcome. I found the seminar really interesting but took my hubby who wasnt really interested n wish I had taken my mam instead, they will give u an idea of how long your journey will be, mine from referal to op was 21 months a long time but worth the wait x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

hi and welcome, the seminar is more for information, the surgeon talks about all the procedures done at srh then a dietician talks about eating after wls and the pre op diet and theres patients speak at the end about there experiences and life after wls, your weight and height will be taken and a starting bmi will be calculated. we have a patient support group at srh if you want to join us i can tell you more info about that.

Liz x xx

Hi Nicki 36. I too have just been referred to SRH but this was only last week so I do not yet have any dates for seminar or appts etc. I will be interested to hear how you get on at your first session and wish you luck with your weight loss journey. I also had to build up the courage to finally speak to my GO so I am so pleased I did and I am looking forward to and am also terrified of the road ahead. Take care x

i found the seminar very informative and it prepared me for what was ahead i went to the seminar in september 2010 and i,m finally at the end now i get my surgery on friday the 11th of may and i,m so so scared but i,m sure it will all be worth it in the end i just want to wish everyone going to the seminars good luck for the future x

hi and welcome, the seminar is more for information, the surgeon talks about all the procedures done at srh then a dietician talks about eating after wls and the pre op diet and theres patients speak at the end about there experiences and life after wls, your weight and height will be taken and a starting bmi will be calculated. we have a patient support group at srh if you want to join us i can tell you more info about that.

Liz x xx
hi if u dont mine me askin wot happened with the 2 bands x

hi if u dont mine me askin wot happened with the 2 bands x

band no1 was a originalold fashioned band in 2005, it was replaced in 2008 with a more modern band type through wear and tear, 2010 plastics damaged band no2, regained 4st, 12 months later band no2 was removed and i converted to a bypass x

Hi all I'm new to this!

Had my seminar last week at Sunderland, but really want to get on with trying to loose weight on my own, does anyone have any tips? I've emailed Kim but didn't get a reply about this.

I know the ext appointment is in a few months but want to try to loose some before then!

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks
Steph x x x

Hi all I'm new to this!

Had my seminar last week at Sunderland, but really want to get on with trying to loose weight on my own, does anyone have any tips? I've emailed Kim but didn't get a reply about this.

I know the ext appointment is in a few months but want to try to loose some before the

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks
Steph x x x

Try and look at your portion sizes and try and have 5 fruit and veg every day use next size plate down drink plenty of water, cut right down on the sugary food etc. the things we all like cake,sweets,chocolate, alcohol etc.xx

Back