• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sunderland royal

Hi, I'm brand new to this site. Iv just been put on the list at Sunderland.
:) hi there and congratulations on been put on the waiting list x
They said 6-7mths waiting time. I'm having the bypass and gall bladder removed . I'm so excited to now on my final stages of my life changing op.

the time will pass quicker than you think,please feel free to come along to our next patient support group feb 24th in the seminar room from 6pm, the group is very beneficial to patients, you would be more than welcome to attend if you wish to. xxx

Hi JustLiz Im afraid I work thursdays so unable to attend your support groups :-0(. Thanks for the offer though.

So I have to lose 6kg before I have my endoscopy (got to fone this week to get an estimated time). But Im stuck in a rut. One min I think right thats it enough is enough then next min Im eating somat unhealthy.Story of my bloody life.

I know planning and prep are very important. But when yr carrying 24stone around sometimes for me it is a wee bit hard to get motivated. ITs so easy to grab a biscuit rather than an apple .
So tips on how to shake my booty please guys.

Hi JustLiz Im afraid I work thursdays so unable to attend your support groups :-0(. Thanks for the offer though.

So I have to lose 6kg before I have my endoscopy (got to fone this week to get an estimated time). But Im stuck in a rut. One min I think right thats it enough is enough then next min Im eating somat unhealthy.Story of my bloody life.

I know planning and prep are very important. But when yr carrying 24stone around sometimes for me it is a wee bit hard to get motivated. ITs so easy to grab a biscuit rather than an apple .
So tips on how to shake my booty please guys.

hi,

it is hard to get motivated but you have come this far already not far left to go. i started with simple things like swopping white bread for brown bread, diet versions of most food and drinking more water to feel fuller i also took up swimming which was very embarrasing to start with i used to go very early in the morning so no one would see me then i started to get to know people at the pool and i have actually made some new friends. part of my problem is boredom and working shifts so i pick at food all the time, i have started to get out and about more so im not sat at home looking at the kitchen. im hofuly geting m op a the end ofmarh so we are not that far apart we can keep each other going.

take care. nicky.x

Podgie, I find the best way is not to buy in fatty, sugary foods like choc, crisps, biscuits as part of the weekly shopping... It's a real struggle when I'm going around tescos not to give in tho.

If I do get desparate and decide that I will have a treat, then it means that I have to consciously have to make an extra journey to the shop to buy something and most of the time I can talk myself out of it before I get my coat on. I also tell myself that I have to walk there and not take the car, so that puts me off too!

Get good quality fruit and don't buy too much if it at once as it goes off quickly. There's nothing worse than having to face a wizzened tangerine or spotty banana.

I'm trying to wean myself off foods that I know I probably won't be able to eat after surgery. I think that if I can't get by without them now, then I'm going to be in big doodah after the bypass!

Stay strong, and think of the end result... it won't be too long now.

Good luck Michelle, will probably see you in due course as I work in the preassessment clinic SRH(for now) which you will attend when you get surgery date.

Denise

Hi my name is michelle and after strugling with my weight all my life lost 4 stone put 4 and half stone on decide to ask for a gastric band. got appointment for march to attened a presentation by a bariatric consultant the beging of a very long journey

Hi Michelle. I've not been on this site long myself and am still waiting for an appointment for the presentation. when did you ask for your referal. i'm getting fed up waiting now :( saw my doc this week and she says if i've not heard anything in a couple of weeks to ring them and they will chase it up! good luck with everything tho x

Hi riggisue, I got my presentation in jan2010 they said that I would be done within a year but Iv only just seen mr balupuri in SRH on the 31st jan. With now a waiting list of 4-6mths. It's been a long wait but now it's not far away I'm very excited.
Take care Sara x

Hi riggisue, I got my presentation in jan2010 they said that I would be done within a year but Iv only just seen mr balupuri in SRH on the 31st jan. With now a waiting list of 4-6mths. It's been a long wait but now it's not far away I'm very excited.
Take care Sara x

thats not so long to go at all then! best of luck. keep us posted on here to let us know how you are doing. good luck with the weight loss pre-op. its all very hard, but maybe with a goal in sight, you should do it!

I am too a Suderland bypass girl.....You will not find a nicer bunch of people and sooo suportive xxxx good luck xxx

Update:

Well I'm now 8 weeks post gastric sleeve at SRH where I work, over the worst now and went back to work last week.
Managing ordinary food but very small amounts before I feel full and as a result my weight dropping at slow steady pace, even dropped a trouser size and still had to put a couple of tucks in waist because they're still too big, another few weeks and they'll downsized again.

Hi to all the new Sunderland members, welcome to the site.
You will be given some great advice from some friendly people, just remember a lot of it is their own opinions though and may not be relevent to you.
Sift through everything by all means, but do not take everything as 'gospel'.
Best of luck on your wl journeys'
Regards - Paul x

Back