• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland wait times and process??

kelly1

Hi Everyone!

I got referred today from my Dr to Sunderland for WLS, I have an appointment on 2nd of Jan for a group discussion. Could someone please enlighten me on the process after this and timescales etc??

Much appreciated

Kelly :D

Hiya Kelly, Your first appointment will be the seminar, Then the dietitian. then probably bloods after that. But the waiting time is ruffly 2 year. good-luck with your weight-loss x

and sometimes longer.......

Is Sunderland your nearest? North Tees are doing the ops now and they have a shorter waiting list.

Omg! 2 years!!?? That's horrific!! Yeah north tees is closer to me, but Dr couldn't find it on his list! How do I change?? X

It'll probably come under the General Surgery department of North Tees Hospital - could be worthwhile giving them a quick call to check, then go back to your GP with contact details.

I'm going through Sunderland as they were the only one doing the surgery when I was referred. Have been with them over 2 yrs now and almost at the end (fingers crossed!) To say they have been busy is an understatement - they must get hundreds of referrals each week - but generally there is a wait of about 4-6 months between appointments.

Yeah Kelly hun, If you can go to North Tees you might get seen quicker. I'm like novamay, at the time when I was sent it was only Sunderland, who were doing the type of opp what I want at the time. good luck hun x

Hi Girls, thanks for your replies! Rang the doctors today and they said they would change it for me, its not done yet cos ive just checked on the NHS book and check website! Another phone call in morning to them then!! Anyone know of the procedure for North Tees?? x

I been waiting since June 11 and due op Feb 13, try James Cook or North Tees, both of which are very close to where I live but couldnt swap x

Back