• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SUPPORT WELCOME

SUNSHINE111

Hello everyone, i am new to this site and would welcome any help and support i can get at the moment.i had gastric bypass surgery on 18/03/2013 and so far i am doing well except for a wound infection which i am on antibiotics for.my starting weight was 28st 7lbs and i am now down to 26st 1lb.i would love to hear any advice on post op eating and how to cope generally after gastric bypass.i look forward to hearing from some new friends very soon,thanks for reading my post.

Welcome Sunshine, Mr Halstead carried out my surgery too but I am a bandit so not as familiar with your diet as others. You have made a great start, we'll done!! Slaz x

Hi sunshine and welcome. I'm 6 months post bypass now. Follow the advice your bariatric team have given you to the letter, and you won't go far wrong. The only things I struggle to eat at the moment are rice and pasta. I haven't tried any thing sweet, eg cakes, puddings, biscuits, chocolate etc, as I'd rather not find out if I can eat them or not. That's just my choice though :)

Hi sunshine. Im also a bander but there is lots of help and advice here. You should get strict guidlines and suggestions from the hospital so yeah do as they say and when they dont have the answer ask us or ring your provider. They don't tend to tell you how to deal with the emotions. I personally am making my food diary into a scrapbook with my feelings in it too. Xxx

Well done on your wls sunshine. Sorry I cant help you on any advice, has I am still waiting to go on the losers bench. Good luck though hun x

hi sunshine, im a stockport girl aswell, welcome to the site good luck with your weight loss im just waiting for my date

MANY THANKS!

Hi to all of you who took the time and trouble to reply to my post,i am feeling much more confident about the future now.well done to all of you on your amazing weight losses and good luck to those of you who are still awaitng surgery.i am a bit short on time today so i will post again very soon best wishes to all of you x

Back