• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgeons near Newcastle upon Tyne

Lori1964

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend any surgeons that do both band or bypass surgery near Newcastle.
I have been told of Mr Carrick who works for the NHS private sector at the RVI but only does the band and also Mr Peter Small and Mr Smallhttp://www.spirehealthcare.com/Wash...d-Consultants/Our-Consultants/Mr-Peter-Small/ and Mr Balupuri for the Spire in Washington (but just had a quote from them for bypass and nearly feel off the bloomin chair, about twice the price of banding!!)

Many thanks
Lorna

hayley1983

I love in Gateshead, but travelled to Sheffield Thornbury for private bypass surgery with Dr Ackroyd through WLSG.

WLSG have an aftercare centre at the Cobalt Business Park though :)

xxx

Lori1964

Hi Hayley

Thanks for the info, but being a bit dumb can you please tell me what WLSG stands for?

Many thanks
Lorna

Last edited:

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
i was nhs banded by mr small at sunderland, your bmi is above 40 so you would qualify for nhs wls in our area have you asked the gp for a referal to sunderland ?

Lori1964

Hi Liz

I have to admit my GP has not helped me at all when I have asked for help with my weightloss and has always dismissed me and won't refer me, so I will have to fund this myself which I dont mind as I am ready to start getting my life back and start living again!

Lorna x

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
my gp also wouldnt refere me so i went to another gp in my practice and got a referal, my starting bmi was 43. it does take longer on the nhs so good luck on your journey i hope you find a good private surgeon, becareful with who you choose as some after care packages are rubbish.

liz x

Elmo10

Hi guys. if anyone is from newcastle northumberland area can you tell me where you had your gastric band privately. I've had quite a bad experience with the nhs and i really don't want to wait anymore. My life is at a standstill. I want to go private now and use credit. Any advise on prices and where near me? Thanks x