• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery Abroad Czech or Denmark

Donna I did contact SurGal those are the ones who told me I had been accepted for surgery and I must go through my provider, I hate putting deposits on things, incase something happens in the meantime, just hoping my passport don't take forever to come.

Oh ok, sorry I probably didn't read your post correctly. Well I hope it is not too much of a weight (LOL) what with the passport office's backlog of passports lately. Hope you receive it soon

Sounds like it wont be long before you will be on your way to a newer you, im getting excited for you hun x

I would have been lost without my iPad with downloaded telly etc. There is wifi at the clinic so ya can watch live telly too via an app which was great :) x

I was going to ask you if there's wifi, good because it would be too expensive to use my phone... I can FaceTime people ? I can't wait

Hello Ladies

I hope you are all okay, I have now decided not to have Gastric Surgery, the thought and the worry of it is bringing on my anxiety and I can't bear feeling like this anymore, my worry is if I got all the way to Brno and for some reason they couldn't do my surgery I would be devastated I just can't cope with the thought of it all. I am going to book an appointment with my doctor tomorrow, seeing if by any chance he may be able to refer me, he has already said I can lose the weight myself.

I signed up to the gym today going to try and there every single day and stick to a low calorie diet.

Thanks for all the support but as I said the thought of travelling to Brno for the surgery just makes me feel very anxious and I don't want to make myself ill.

Hi CaniSani

That's ok love, you need to do what feels right for you. I really hope your weight loss journey all the very best. I am sure you will eventually get there in the end and with your determination I sure it wont be long x

Hi Cani,

I understand how you feel with the very slight possibility that it may not happen. I had the same thoughts myself and was relieved when I got the full green light on the day.

Maybe you should speak to your doctor about how you're feeling with anxiety and possibly work on that along with your positive steps to go to gym etc? Then perhaps you could rethink your options :) it might be an idea to speak to BB about how you're feeling and your concerns?

I'm always here if you need to chat hun xx

Hey Banana

I don't really want to speak to BB about this as I feel it's none of their business, I just can't risk paying for flights going there to be told I can't have surgery I also read on the medical questionnaire something along the lines that they don't give refunds, so what will happen to my £4,000? I wouldn't be able to do anything about it, I was planning to get it done in October and I can't face the next two months of constant anxiety I am feeling anxious as I am writing this, well I'm going to try and get to the gym tomorrow and also go swimming I'll let you know how it goes.

Hey Canisani,
Sorry you are feeling this way, it is a big decision to make.. I've been looking at WLS for a year now and ask myself these questions everyday.
If you do change your mind tho you don't pay the remaining balance until you get there and are going ahead with surgery so if for some reason you are not suitable for surgery the only thing you will loose is some of your deposit. They won't charge you for a procedure you haven't had done.
I wish you all the best with your weight loss journey whichever way you choose to do it.

I've read this thread with interest....

Psychologically, I wonder what the best approach for the patient is?

From a patients perspective - I went from initial enquiry to surgery 8 months, via the NHS route.

Personally, I believe that the longer I'd waited, the less likely I'd be to actually have surgery. Certain people would have tried to talk me out of it - peer pressure and friends and family I suppose. I guess if I was still pre-op now, I'd be in a 50/50 shall I, shan't I do it situation.

I guess it's all down to mental resolve, willpower, willingness to wait (I can be quite impatient!) and whatever other factors may be influencing your life.

CaniSani, don't give up just yet. You've come a long way. We'll all gone down the 'traditional' weight loss route. If we could maintain that, then none of us would need surgery. It's a tool to help us lose weight, some of us need it.

You'll ultimately decide what's best for you. Wishing you all the best, whatever you finally choose. x

Well said Dave!!

Cani, it is true that you can pay there when you know everything is going ahead. Please don't be stressing yourself out over making any decisions. Everything will happen in it's own time, at the right time. For such a big step, you need to be 100% behind your decision. Maybe writing down how you're feeling about all of this might help? Listing your fears vs positives? xxx

I have spoken to BB she said I can pay a £500 deposit and the rest when I get out there. I think what made me anxious was when I read on the form that there would be no refunds, also read about a woman who couldn't have the surgery because she had stomach ulcers so she was sent back home. I don't suffer from anxiety but certain situations make me anxious.

After speaking to BB this afternoon she put my mind at ease and said she completely understands, so I will be going ahead with it.

Thanks you all for being here for me, did go gym today and went swimming, I actually didn't enjoy going... And no way can I stick to my low calorie diet, who on earth was a fooling?

Well done CaniSani, so glad you have opted back in. Yes, I have to pay £400 beforehand for the deposit to hold it, then the rest is once at the hospital and all is ok. So glad to hear you have decided to go ahead. I am sure you will not regret it. I myself today, was listing all the reasons of why I need to go ahead with this and all the listings definitely out weigh the reasons not to.

The lady from BB said I have to pay the rest before pre op... When it's time to speak to her again I will say I will pay the rest when I know all is okay. She also told me that I must inform my bank I am spending money in a different country.

Thanks for your support Hun I appreciate it!

Back