• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery Dreams

Rising_Sun

Chugging along
So two nights ago I had a weird dream about surgery. I dreamt I was on the op table, supposedly under anaesthetic and work going on when I said to a headless surgeon "Am I supposed to be seeing what you're doing". A bit more sedation was given but I could still hear when I was told to get on my side as the op would be better done on the side. I woke up from the dream as I was actually turning in bed. I guess it's true that dreams are a reflection of fears, worries and hopes we have whether aware of them or not. In my case, I've been trying so hard not to be consumed by thinking about when I'll see the surgeon and when the op will be. So it was a wonderful surprise that a couple of days after the dream, I got a call from Mr. Ammori secretary offering an appointment next week. Premonition or just coincidence?

im gona force my self to dream lolol ......... yea dreams are weird my other half has a dream book he tends to read on the loo !! so inever listen to what he has to say lol but there is always a reason for thinking what ever u do in your dreams ..

i was always scared of having surgery of anykind and not going out propper .. like the movie AWAKE ...

and of course we have all heard the stories of people who its happened too ....

but all i can say is working in the nhs for many years i have never met anyone its happened too lol .. so im sure you will be fine and congrats on a date ..... xxxx

It is so true the day after I had been referred by my GP a girl in work who I hardly ever work with said she dreamt I was going into hospital for an operation, she said they were all wishing me luck and it was a happy operation something good....no one in work knows about the op and it did happen so I guess dreams can come true...xx

brett, meet ur first person, lol.(firstly to anyone not wanting to read about the rare negative effect of anaesthetic please read no further as i sincerely dont wish to frighten anyone)
in fact, its happened to me twice but both different scenarios.
first was when i was given a general anaesthetic for a d&c operation. i went to sleep just fine (although slower than they expected) , the problem was i woke up far to early.
i remember choking and trying to open my eyes and wondering why i couldnt see. problem was they were taped shut and i had a tube down my throat which i grabbed and pulled. as much as i did panic i wasnt in any pain as the operation had just finished although my legs were still in stirrups at that point.
the second occasion was not a general anaesthetic but a sedated procedure.
as the sedative was administered in my hand i waited for some woozy feeling or something and then i felt pain (i was having a deep colonoscopy). this was severe and i tried to shout that it hurt but no words would come out. i was understandably frightened and after what felt like ages i breathed in and screamed at the top of my lungs (this sound definately came out, big time). basically i was surrounded by voices i could hear but i couldnt open my eyes or do anything other than scream, after a few more seconds i was gone so i can only assume i was given something to take me deeper. i remember waking up screaming and crying and remembering the whole ordeal vividly.
obviously these are now on my medical file and i will make sure any wls surgeon is made fully aware of my situation with anaesthetics.
i believe i am a rare case indeed (i just have to make a point in being awkward, lol)

argggghhhhhhhhhh scary ....... yea i have heard of these kinda things where people aint given enough to knock them out for the full time and need to be given more ... i was thinking of the whole surgery done while your laying there hearing everything and not showing any signs of u been awake ... its a scary scary thought..

i woke up when having endoscopy and started hitting staff and pulling tubes out cause im big fella there was no choice but to stop and that was nasty ..

but would hate to think iw as having what u was and waking to be knocked back out again and waking up thinking about it .. i would have nightmares for life .....

sorry hun xx

it did affect me for a while.
i only had the colonoscopy in september last year and still shudder to think about that fear i felt.
took me a few weeks before i could sleep through the night without waking up constantly with nightmares and waking up sobbing on a few occasions.
it was the not being able to speak or see anything that was the scariest, like losing control in the most vulnerable situation.
but hey, im still here. i have to have something to tell my future grandkids in years to come, lol.

Back