• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post surgery hopes and dreams

Im sure you will get in. My sister in law is the associate head of nursing here in Coventry she keeps saying I should do it. Damn civil service not letting me go!
According to updates I get from my union there are currently union side/management negotiations in full flow about early severance / early retirement deals. (If you are over 40 it doesn't look like too bad a deal but it needs to be finalised)

I think it is CS wide not just my particular department so there should be some news very soon.

Someone I used to work with (well, technically she was my secretary but I wasn't in that good a job just the only person in post in a 4 person team:eek:) took early redundancy when my then department merged with another to train as a midwife.

She was over 40 (had 4 kids - 3 were adults - and was actually a grandmother :eek:) and had to start from complete basics because she had few paper qualifications beyond secretarial college. I hear from her occasionally and she is qualified, doing really well and loving it (hard work though!)

Good luck

love

TillyBob

Just a few things I would soooo love to do

Travel on a plane and not worry that I cant fit in the seat or in loo:eek:

Go to the theatre/concert and not worry about the seating:eek:

Would love to go on fairground rides ive never been on one:D

Dunnno about anyone else seating is a major problem for me

Would love to learn to swim:D

The list is endless

But the main one is to be healthy :)

Someone I used to work with (well, technically she was my secretary but I wasn't in that good a job just the only person in post in a 4 person team:eek:) took early redundancy when my then department merged with another to train as a midwife.

She was over 40 (had 4 kids - 3 were adults - and was actually a grandmother :eek:) and had to start from complete basics because she had few paper qualifications beyond secretarial college. I hear from her occasionally and she is qualified, doing really well and loving it (hard work though!)

Good luck

love

TillyBob

that's very heartening to hear Tilly...I really hope I get the chance and would be over the moon to even get 10-15 years in a job that I enjoyed :)

to be able to buy clothes that a like ...........
to go skiing and swimming with my husband...he loves doing both and is desp to go on a skiing hol but i wont ski yet!
to not feel ashamed when i see ppl i havent seen in a while.
to stop hiding behind things!
to learn to dance....i have no rhythm though!

Good post tillybob, i think for me there are a few things. I have been overweight all my life so there are a lot of things i want to experience and have never done, some are silly things that slim people take for granted and others are things i have dreamed of doing, so here goes.

I want to run the half marathon and raise money for cancer research in memory of my beautiful mum who died of breast cancer when she was 36 and i was 8.

I want to do the things with my gorgeous son Aaron that i could not do with him as a child and one of them is to take him to Disney land although he will be 18/19 then still i promised him i would take him and better late than never :)

I want to wear and bikini, with either a mini skirt or shorts (after my plastics :) )

I want to have the confidence to go places on my own and to walk into a room and people to notice me for a dif reason than me being the biggest person they have ever seen b4:cry:

I want to take my girls (my dogs ) on 3 hrs walks on a beach and to be able to run after them in stead of having my son walking them as i cant walk more than a few mins.

I want to go back to uni and also work full time and have the energy to go to uni in the evening, something that i am not able to do at the mo as i have not worked for 6 yrs :cry::cry:

Last but not least i want to meet a man who loves me for who i am, someone to build a life with and to share things with and for once i dont feel i have to give in to all their request for fear of losing them as i will feel good about myself for the first time in my life and wont have to go pleasing people for fear that if i dont do as they ask i might not have them in my life as my self confidence and self worth have been so low but hopefully when i get to goal and have my plastics done that will all change.

These are my dreams and hopes for me when i am at goal xxx

to do things were i dont have to think bout my weight, like
- goin out with my friends and not feel like people are sayin my gosh she's big.
- to go out and have guys look at me instead of my friend (have a fella and love him to bits, just when we go out she gets the guys lookin at her)
- get in a car without thinkin will the seatbelt fit me
- get married and look cute lol (wont let my fella propose till im slimmer)
- have children

Good post tillybob, i think for me there are a few things. I have been overweight all my life so there are a lot of things i want to experience and have never done, some are silly things that slim people take for granted and others are things i have dreamed of doing, so here goes.

I want to run the half marathon and raise money for cancer research in memory of my beautiful mum who died of breast cancer when she was 36 and i was 8.

I want to do the things with my gorgeous son Aaron that i could not do with him as a child and one of them is to take him to Disney land although he will be 18/19 then still i promised him i would take him and better late than never :)

I want to wear and bikini, with either a mini skirt or shorts (after my plastics :) )

I want to have the confidence to go places on my own and to walk into a room and people to notice me for a dif reason than me being the biggest person they have ever seen b4:cry:

I want to take my girls (my dogs ) on 3 hrs walks on a beach and to be able to run after them in stead of having my son walking them as i cant walk more than a few mins.

I want to go back to uni and also work full time and have the energy to go to uni in the evening, something that i am not able to do at the mo as i have not worked for 6 yrs :cry::cry:

Last but not least i want to meet a man who loves me for who i am, someone to build a life with and to share things with and for once i dont feel i have to give in to all their request for fear of losing them as i will feel good about myself for the first time in my life and wont have to go pleasing people for fear that if i dont do as they ask i might not have them in my life as my self confidence and self worth have been so low but hopefully when i get to goal and have my plastics done that will all change.

And I personally wish you all the best xxx;)

& i send loads of happy wishes your way that each one of these comes true very soon God bless ya Roch :)

When i get to my goal weight i just want to run with my grandchildren in the park,swim with them in the sea & take them to disneyworld.....I took my daughters to DW 10 years ago but was much slimmer than i am now :)

Well, i have many dreams, having just turned 21 and big my whole life i havent really experienced a lot of things, so here is a short-ish list:

1.) I dont want my mum and dad to be worried about me anymore, i know ive caused them a lot of pain with worry and just want them to be proud of the daughter they see.

2.) I want to be an amazing primary school teacher, i want to go on school trips and be able to walk in front, i want to be able to join in with the kids playing PE, i want to set up sports clubs, i want to be the kind of cool, fun teacher the kids can look up to.

2.) I would LOVE to have kids. I want to have a whole football team of them, and i want to run around after them...i want THEM to have to catch ME up.

3.) I want to get married and have a blown up picture of me and my husband and not be ashamed of the 'me' staring back at me.

4.) I want to book to go out and not worry about all the crappy little things i do now: will i fit in the seat? Willl there be stairs? Will someone from school be there and see how gross i look?

5.) I cant wait to discover a shop other than Evans, and shop in it more than once a year!!
We've never been a rich family and some times i've worn clothes until they have literally fallen off my back with being worn too much. Evans prices are extortionate (sp?) when ive lost weight i am going to be Primark's *****!! :D

6.) I cant wait till i stop breaking furniture. Ive broke, 4 chairs and god knows how many beds.

7.) I want to RUN!!!!!! I would love it, ipod in ears and off i go... i attempted to do this a few weeks ago to get fit and i buggered my right knee up that bad i could bearly walk on it for weeks.

Loads more, i just cant wait to start living a "normal" life.

My dream was to get my life back. I wanted to be healthy again and I'm getting there. I wanted to be around for my grandchildren and I will be when I eventually get some lol. I also wanted to have my own horses again and to be able to ride again. I have my ex race horse and a shetland and I'm off to look at another one at the weekend.So far I living the dreams I had pre opx

My dream was to get my life back. I wanted to be healthy again and I'm getting there. I wanted to be around for my grandchildren and I will be when I eventually get some lol. I also wanted to have my own horses again and to be able to ride again. I have my ex race horse and a shetland and I'm off to look at another one at the weekend.So far I living the dreams I had pre opx

Your dreams sounds lovely Gaynor...glad you got the dream you wanted.

My husband used to have Arabs and he also bred miniatures horses...absolutely adorable....He misses that here in the UK...

(((hugs)))

Well, i have many dreams, having just turned 21 and big my whole life i havent really experienced a lot of things, so here is a short-ish list:

1.) I dont want my mum and dad to be worried about me anymore, i know ive caused them a lot of pain with worry and just want them to be proud of the daughter they see.

2.) I want to be an amazing primary school teacher, i want to go on school trips and be able to walk in front, i want to be able to join in with the kids playing PE, i want to set up sports clubs, i want to be the kind of cool, fun teacher the kids can look up to.

2.) I would LOVE to have kids. I want to have a whole football team of them, and i want to run around after them...i want THEM to have to catch ME up.

3.) I want to get married and have a blown up picture of me and my husband and not be ashamed of the 'me' staring back at me.

4.) I want to book to go out and not worry about all the crappy little things i do now: will i fit in the seat? Willl there be stairs? Will someone from school be there and see how gross i look?

5.) I cant wait to discover a shop other than Evans, and shop in it more than once a year!!
We've never been a rich family and some times i've worn clothes until they have literally fallen off my back with being worn too much. Evans prices are extortionate (sp?) when ive lost weight i am going to be Primark's *****!! :D

6.) I cant wait till i stop breaking furniture. Ive broke, 4 chairs and god knows how many beds.

7.) I want to RUN!!!!!! I would love it, ipod in ears and off i go... i attempted to do this a few weeks ago to get fit and i buggered my right knee up that bad i could bearly walk on it for weeks.

Loads more, i just cant wait to start living a "normal" life.

Emma...you will get there, you're 21 and the world is waiting for you :hug99:

Ah Gaynor, Im so pleased for you living your dream hun - you sound so positive x

to wear a pair of jeans, be myself (the true me hidden so deep inside) and live longer.

Sorry, i'm new here, spend my time reading through all the threads but never actually replying but i feel that this one really is close to my heart and just had to replyy :). Being only 18 and still at college i have the whole of my working life ahead of me but my weight hinders me even thinking of achieving my top career path. So that is my main dream and aspiration, i want more than anything to become an air hostes. Other dreams, to never have to shop in evans and the inspire section of new look, to actually have a choice to shop in top shop, river island and primark and not automaticly have rule them out. and lastly i just want to fit in, im sick of being different and im sick of being the odd one out compared to my 6 skinny and beautiful best friends, its depressingg!! sorry for boring you all, take careee. xx

Good thread, I find everyone's ambitions so touching - particularly as so many of our hopes and dreams depend on self-confidence and many/ all of us have had that undermined one way or another and this not only is often the result of, but the cause of obesity as well.

I would like to be fit enough to go for long walks with my dogs (and learn how to map read).

Wear flattering jeans and tops from Monsoon (after I win the lottery).

Never get paranoid walking past the dole office (which is on my way into town) where chavs have frequently said things to me (apart from when I am walking my German Shepherd funnily enough).

I want to ride again and own a horse (see lottery win).

Just be happier in my own skin really - as well as all the practical considerations not being necessary - you know the ones: Chair: can I fit in it/will it collapse; getting off bus: how many people will my thighs and bum hit on the way to the front; eating in public: what do others think/say; swimming: will everybody stare and then talk about this enormous woman covered in tattoos; clothing: does it cover my bum; Walking: thighs rubbing together, fear of falling over and not being able to get back up etc etc

I would love to do a tandem jump from a plane when I loose some more weight and a hotair balloon ride

Sorry, i'm new here, spend my time reading through all the threads but never actually replying but i feel that this one really is close to my heart and just had to replyy :). Being only 18 and still at college i have the whole of my working life ahead of me but my weight hinders me even thinking of achieving my top career path. So that is my main dream and aspiration, i want more than anything to become an air hostes. Other dreams, to never have to shop in evans and the inspire section of new look, to actually have a choice to shop in top shop, river island and primark and not automaticly have rule them out. and lastly i just want to fit in, im sick of being different and im sick of being the odd one out compared to my 6 skinny and beautiful best friends, its depressingg!! sorry for boring you all, take careee. xx

Hi AT....:welcome: to Minis.

well done for being brave and telling us your hopes for the future...it's not easy opening up to people you don't know very well, but we're all here to support you...you've made the first steps to making those dreams a reality...if we can help you with anything especially wl related, don't be afraid just shout.

best wishes :hug99:

Back