• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post surgery hopes and dreams

Mine is so simple to have one size clothes for ever.
Then at long last can fit my personality to my clothes.

Very basic, also to reach my golden years slim, not so far away for me........yikes

i dream of throwing out my size 22 clothes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i dream of buying a whole new wardrobe, and being able to fit into it for more than a year!!!

Ride a bike
Feel more healthy
Run run run ... with getting puffed
Walk the three flights of stairs at work and not use the lift
I went on holiday to Menorca .... I got stuck in the cafe' chair ... I never want that to happen again
Not sink down in my seat on an airplane worrying about asking for an extension
Not have to pay so much for bras!
Feel safer getting in and out of the bath
Size 18 or 20 at the moment would feel a lot better than the 30/32 I m wearing
Not being too old for surgery I'm 57 and fear that if they leave it any longer they will reject me.
I could go on ... that was nice getting it off my chest!! thanks :)

Ride a bike
Feel more healthy
Run run run ... with getting puffed
Walk the three flights of stairs at work and not use the lift
I went on holiday to Menorca .... I got stuck in the cafe' chair ... I never want that to happen again
Not sink down in my seat on an airplane worrying about asking for an extension
Not have to pay so much for bras!
Feel safer getting in and out of the bath
Size 18 or 20 at the moment would feel a lot better than the 30/32 I m wearing
Not being too old for surgery I'm 57 and fear that if they leave it any longer they will reject me.
I could go on ... that was nice getting it off my chest!! thanks :)

Awwww........ how lovely xxx

mine's a little different, but I'm going to apply to Teesside Uni to do the diploma in adult nursing (hopefully to start Sept 2010) and ultimately to go on to train as a Midwife.

I always wanted to be a Midwife, but when I left school was too young to go straight into nurse training and my parents couldn't afford to keep me in education till I was 17.5yrs old (had to help support the younger siblings) so I got a job in the Civil Service which is where I stayed for 26 years :sigh: (it's only recently that finances have allowed a change in career too)

I thought I would be too old to train as a nurse now(I'm 44) and had resigned myself to the fact that it would never be, but my OH's cousin (who is a nursing manager) has said I should go for it.

By Sept 2010, I should be a shadow of my current self and fit enough to pass any medical that may be required.

it would be a dream come true if I get on that course....wish me luck :)

Hiya
I am a nurse and I was a size 24 when I trained. Not that I am saying don't be silly you don't need to lose weight, but just that it shouldn't hold you back from doing your training.
Good luck for next year (I trained at Northumbria).
Rx

Hi AT....:welcome: to Minis.

well done for being brave and telling us your hopes for the future...it's not easy opening up to people you don't know very well, but we're all here to support you...you've made the first steps to making those dreams a reality...if we can help you with anything especially wl related, don't be afraid just shout.

best wishes :hug99:
thanks for the reply RED 42 i see in your bio that you've lost all that weight. Thats amazing so jealous haha. i have my first ever consultation on the 29th nervous but excited :). xx

Hiya
I am a nurse and I was a size 24 when I trained. Not that I am saying don't be silly you don't need to lose weight, but just that it shouldn't hold you back from doing your training.
Good luck for next year (I trained at Northumbria).
Rx

Hi Rose....I was worried that they would look at my weight and knock me back and had also thought I was too old for it...what age were you when you trained?

mine is to be able to get the six black bags of clothes that are in my loft that i,ve been savin just in case i might ever fit in them again, to be able to fit on the rides when i take my kids to the fair and most of all feel sexy again.....

I just want a new knee and to have my life back again! As a teenager, i was a fitnes fanatic until I started with knee trouble at 19 which has plagued me all my life. I am hoping just losing weight will be enough but if not, I have been promised a new knee so hopefully by this time next year, things will have really looked up for me. Fingers crossed XX

Back