• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery in Bradford vs Leeds

Hi all

I had my appointmetn with Weight Management Service and they agreed to put me forward to the hospital. Yey, one step closer!

But she asked me something that I am trying to get a bit more information on and was wondering if any of you lovely people could help me....
I am in Leeds and obviously fall under Leeds PCT but she said that if I would be willing to consider Bradford for my surgery that it may be less of a wait. I said I would consider it.
But I have come away and can't really find anything about the bariatric teams in Bradford.
Does anyone have any experience of or information on the ops in Bradford?
Has anyone had it done in Bradford?
I know Leeds has experienced successful surgeons do you think it is worth waiting for them or will all NHS surgical teams be of a similar standard?

I think that is enough questions for now!
x

Hey Likealobster,

I fell under Calderdale PCT as I live in Halifax. But I know that there are several hospitals in our area that have Bariatric teams:

Huddersfield hospital, Calderdale hospital and Elland Spire all have the same bariaric team.

And Leeds have a separate Bariatric team.

If you come under Bradford PCT you should get a choice of any of these hospitals as Bradford does not have its own facilities for this surgery.

I know a few on here came under Bradford PCT, I hope they can help more!

X

can't comment on Bradford but had mine in Leeds and it was worth every single day of the wait. Fantastic care and support. x

Hey Likealobster,

I fell under Calderdale PCT as I live in Halifax. But I know that there are several hospitals in our area that have Bariatric teams:

Huddersfield hospital, Calderdale hospital and Elland Spire all have the same bariaric team.

And Leeds have a separate Bariatric team.

If you come under Bradford PCT you should get a choice of any of these hospitals as Bradford does not have its own facilities for this surgery.

I know a few on here came under Bradford PCT, I hope they can help more!

X

Cheers
x

Dewsbury

I had my RNY Bypass in Dewsbury District Hospital and cannot praise the Mr White and his team enough.

i fall under Bradford PCT but when I went to my GP she asked if I wanted Bradford or Halifax, I live in Queensbury so I get a choice being on the border lol. I requested Halifax she put me under Bradford lol go figure.

Anyhow I never even got near Bradford as I was referred privately by Bradford PCT to Leeds Spire... due to them trying to get rid of backlog people. If you get the option of Leeds Spire go for it... the experience was easy and as painfree as I imagine it can be lol

TUT any of those would've been great for me! and what do I get offered?

Hull, York or Sunderland! STUPID North Yorkshire PCT!!!!!!!!!

Back