• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery in Brno, 2 weeks to go!

Hi Ladies,

I am in the process of possibly going to Beautiful Beings for a gastric sleeve. My Mum is happy to come with me but my OH is so against it as he said about all the
"dodgy" operations you see on the TV as their done abroad.

How do I persuade him? I've not seen many reviews of the clinic except from what I've read here and watching Joshua on Youtube with his story....
(I am most likely going to still go though, but I'd rather has his support too...

If you ladies dont mind me asking, did you guys pay for it normally? Or get a loan out? pay on credit cards etc?

What happens if something goes wrong, will the NHS treat you??

Thanks! :)

Hi Ladies,

I am in the process of possibly going to Beautiful Beings for a gastric sleeve. My Mum is happy to come with me but my OH is so against it as he said about all the
"dodgy" operations you see on the TV as their done abroad.

How do I persuade him? I've not seen many reviews of the clinic except from what I've read here and watching Joshua on Youtube with his story....
(I am most likely going to still go though, but I'd rather has his support too...

If you ladies dont mind me asking, did you guys pay for it normally? Or get a loan out? pay on credit cards etc?

What happens if something goes wrong, will the NHS treat you??

Thanks! :)

If look on the Surgal Clinic website you'll see that its leading hospital which Czech people use , beautiful beings is just an agency http://www.surgalclinic.cz/ and its mentioned here in the telegraph as a leading private hospital in the Czech Republic, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/hea...d-ops-for-more-than-600-Britons-overseas.html. Surgal give you all your post op meds, but when I got home I went straight to my GP and told them about it, and they will give me any post of support I need, blood test etc, and they also removed my stitches. :)

Hi Shannon,

I used beautiful beings and they were great. I felt like I didn't really have many questions regarding the surgery though as my mum had had the same done about 8 months ago (in the uk).

My opinion was that a company like beautiful beings aren't going to send you somewhere dodgy, otherwise they would have millions of awful reviews! Also, everyone on here had said how nice it was there and I can second that, my treatment was fantastic. The nurses make you feel like nothing is too much trouble.

My mum came with me and we had a shared room, which was good for me playing the invalid patient! Also, you need someone to talk to as the tv content is rubbish (unless you speak fluent Czech)!

Hopefully that helps, let me know if you have any other questions. I am only 3 and 1/2 weeks out and didn't think I'd be offering advice at this stage but anything I can do to help!

still debating on whether to have it done now :( I was rejected for a loan already due to a limited credit history..... I really want this done but I don't want to take another bashing against my credit score....
I had to take out a loan for 1000 already due to not having enough money to buy weekly food (I was unemployed) now im in a permanent role, I wish someone would give me the chance to prove I will pay back what I borrow!!! :(

How did you guys pay for it?

Hi again Shannon,

I was very fortunate to have a relative lend me the money to be able to have my sleeve. I think as my mum had had it done before me the idea of having a sleeve wasn't really a shock for any one else in my family.

My mum had her sleeve done locally and hers cost £10,000. There was absolutely no way I could have considered paying that much so I had to look at alternatives. My mum came with me and said the Surgal Clinic was just as nice as where she had hers done and she was annoyed that if she'd have known about it before we could have both had it done and it would have still been cheaper than her op alone!

Someone might be along soon with advice about raising funds. Either way, I wish you the best of luck.

still debating on whether to have it done now :( I was rejected for a loan already due to a limited credit history..... I really want this done but I don't want to take another bashing against my credit score....
I had to take out a loan for 1000 already due to not having enough money to buy weekly food (I was unemployed) now im in a permanent role, I wish someone would give me the chance to prove I will pay back what I borrow!!! :(

How did you guys pay for it?

Hi Sharon, I'm flying out to have mine done at SurGal on Monday! It was supposed to happen in August but plans changed.

If you're looking for a loan I'd recommend that you use Money Saving Expert loan checker, they do a soft search on your credit file to see which lenders are most likely to approve you for a loan and it has no impact on your credit file you get lots of options for lenders you could apply to. An Internet search of MSE personal loan eligibility checker should bring up the website. Or here is a link https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/eligibility/loans-calculator/

Good luck xx

Back