• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

surgery tom cancelled. so upset !!

I just phoned st richards and they told me they are only doing 1 op tomorrow and its not mine.
they said mr slater cant get back into the country because of snow and that there are no more surgeons available.
I have been given a new date of 20th jan and it will now be done by mr somers. All I can do is cry.

Am feeling so very sorry for you Karen.. bloody surgeons going on holiday grrrrr.....

Here's to doing the 13 day count down... tick tock it be here before you know it xx

So sorry to hear about the change in date Karen, please try and stay strong ... I know you've worked very hard and it doesn't seem fair, but it won't be very long ... take care

That's bad luck ha? Good news that you have a new date though, try and stay positive hun.

Cuppa xx

I just phoned st richards and they told me they are only doing 1 op tomorrow and its not mine.
they said mr slater cant get back into the country because of snow and that there are no more surgeons available.
I have been given a new date of 20th jan and it will now be done by mr somers. All I can do is cry.

This is really disappointing for you and I am sorry that it has happened. Keep smiling though you will be there soon. Fond thoughts.

Really sorry your op's been cancelled but at least you have a new date, which is more than I had when my op was cancelled;)only 2 weeks to go hun x:D

so sorry i know how you feel, but at least they gave you another date that not to far away.
good luck sue.

That's bum! I really feel for you hun. Still, at least it's only put off for a while. Not much of a consolation, but hopefully it'll go quickly xx

Dawn why have they cancelled yours is it really bad in south mcr, I am north and its bad but not terrible.
My op is monday at salford royal and as far as i know so far its going ahead (but there is still 4 more days)
helen
It was cancelled because it is so difficult to access the Spire due to the snow, so no blood products can be brought in, no ambulances etc. Thus it is not safe to do any surgeries at this time. As far as I know Salford is fine, and functioning normally, and I have my fingers crossed for you.

Karen, I'm so so sorry to hear its been cancelled for you. That is awful. I must admit I would have hated that to happen to me. I hope you are feeling better now (I remember reading you had a chest infection - maybe its a strange way of ensuring that your body is properly healed before the onslaught of invasion of the stomach snatchers when you have your op? Sometimes things are meant to happen for a reason?)
Keep warm, keep safe and make sure you're a 100% fit - its only a matter of days now.
Hugs Julie aka Teapot xxx

I am so sorry!

Hi Karen
I know its disappointing but at least they have given you another date. Imagine if they had said tomorrows cancelled - you'll have to go back on the waiting list. I would imagine blood would have been shed (and not from the operation!!!). Keep your spirits up - 20th will soon come around. BTW: do you have to continue with the milk diet until then???

Sorry you've had your op cancelled, I can tell you I know exactly how you feel. I'm still waiting for a new date. Hope the time flies for you till your next date. xx

So Sorry to hear your news hun..... big hugs being sent your way..... & at least it's not too long to wait til your new date..... small consolation I know.. xxx

Back