• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery

nikki23

Hiya all just wondering if anybody as had a similar situation to mine my funding was turned down I have also lost my appeal and now don't know what to do, am I able to appeal again? Get referred again? Women on the phone wasn't much helpful. Just seems losing just under 7 stone with no help at all is not good enough for them :s. can any body advise me with which way to go now with it all? Thanks

Hi Nikki,
Sorry, I dont have any experience with this, so cant offer any assistance - but didnt want to read and not wish you good luck with what ever step you take next.
SNx

What area are you in as that can make a huge difference when applying for funding with some pct's insisting you have to a a BMI of over 50 and some even higher, I was lucky my pct went down to 35.

What's your BMI and do you have any comorbidities, the more you have the better chance you have with your funding application.

Paul

Yes my Bmi is in the range it says which is between 18 and 25 mine is 24 but it was 46 so a very big difference. The skin stops me doing certain things due to over hang but apparently the women from pct told me over phone unless skin is near knees every1 ones chance is slim. I'm from north west aswell

nikki23 said:
Yes my Bmi is in the range it says which is between 18 and 25 mine is 24 but it was 46 so a very big difference. The skin stops me doing certain things due to over hang but apparently the women from pct told me over phone unless skin is near knees every1 ones chance is slim. I'm from north west aswell

Nikki I feel sick thinking about next Friday. I just know iam going to be knocked back as my bmi is still 28 and the criteria is 27. There is no way I can get to 27, I gym 6hrs a week and on average eat 1200-1500 cals a day and it still won't shift. But I honestly think it's because my body has leveled out to where it is happy. My bmi was 56 last feb.

Don't worry about it there's a chance u won't get knocked back they will know how hard your trying you can't try any harder than you already are. That happened to me I lost 2 stone then cudnt loose weight for ages so I changed my eating n times of eating n it started back up again now Iv lost just under 7 stone on my own. What is it that your asking for? My surgeon tryed for apronectomy and mastopexy may not be spelt right. How much have you lost all together? Just coz I got knocked back don't mean you will, I hope you get everything you want though x

What area are you in as that can make a huge difference when applying for funding with some pct's insisting you have to a a BMI of over 50 and some even higher, I was lucky my pct went down to 35.

What's your BMI and do you have any comorbidities, the more you have the better chance you have with your funding application.

Paul

Paul I think Nikki is talking about funding for plastics not weight loss surgery

Nikki some PCT's are refusing funding for plastics.

Don't know if it helps but I was told that if your overhang is over a certain size the PCT has a duty to fund (I think it was something like 10 inches)

No its for weight loss surgery I applied for or do u mean surgery to help me loose weight?? Coz if I would have had that to help me loose my weight then I would have got the surgery for after it with no problem they have said. My surgeon called mine surgery after weight loss so I may be confusing people :s x

No its for weight loss surgery I applied for or do u mean surgery to help me loose weight?? Coz if I would have had that to help me loose my weight then I would have got the surgery for after it with no problem they have said. My surgeon called mine surgery after weight loss so I may be confusing people :s x

I think Paul thinks its for WLS (bypass sleeve or band)

If that's what you are talking about Nikki and your BMI is below 30 there is no way on this earth that any PCT or private surgeon will give you WLS

For plastics (tummy tuck, apronectomy, or boobs) after weightloss either after WLS or when you have lost it on your own as I have said most PCTs won't fund and if they do they have a strict criteria BMI below 27 (25 in my area) and some ask you to maintain for up to 2 years.

HTH

Mine is for mastopexy and apronectomy with my area Bmi has to be between 18 and 25 mine is 24 it was 46. That's what she told me from pct if I would have had help losing the weight I would have had a lot more chance of getting the surgery. Have you had surgery after weight loss? X

Mine is for mastopexy and apronectomy with my area Bmi has to be between 18 and 25 mine is 24 it was 46. That's what she told me from pct if I would have had help losing the weight I would have had a lot more chance of getting the surgery. Have you had surgery after weight loss? X

So it is plastics after losing weight ...That's what I thought :D

Yes I have had a apronectomy combined with a hernia repair after WLS (bypass)
But my PCT asks for a BMI of under 25 and it doesn't matter if you have had WLS or lost the weight on your own.

I can't understand why your GP thinks that if you had had WLS you would have gotten plastics. Unless it's because it's harder to maintain your weight loss without surgery.
Keep appealing. If your PCT is funding for plastics I can't understand why they have refused you.
Try and find out WHY they have refused
Good Luck

No it wasn't my doctor is was the women at pct who told me it had been rejected again, she also said unless your stomach is too your knees there is not much chance. I have already appealed once and my doctor did an appeal letter as well. I really don't understand why I have been turned down for it :/ am I able to appeal again or is that the end of it now? X

Yes b4 they made my first decision they asked for photos so the hospital sent for me and had them done there

I wanted my arms legs boobs and abdomen done but dont think I stand a chance. I can't understand if your doc says yes then how u get knocked back. I thought funding came from the docs practice.

I don't understand it either, I got referred from my doctor to the surgeon, then the funding got applied for after I seen the surgeon I don't k ow who applied for it tho, my doc or the surgeon. Is that how yours is going?

Back