• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One thing that Weight Loss means / Meant to you

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
Hi
Well you can tell I am still sat here in my PJ's at 11.15am LOL
I am in a thinking mood and was wondering what losing weight meant most to you, I have more than 1 reason as we all have but what was the one that meant or means the most ?

Mine is having fun

Sounds stupid I know, no I have not spent the past 20 years walking round miserable dont get me wrong, god in that time more fabulous thinggs have happened to me than you would ever know Married, kids etc...

BUT

It has to be having fun, doing something that fat people say no to :

swimming, riding a rollercoaster, riding a horse, ice skating, slipping into a sexy outfit or out of it LOL;)
running around the park laughing.

xxxxx
Helen

Mine was not to feel different in a room full of people. Fat people dont get taken seriously most of the time. I used to sweat so much I had to have a fan in work and it sure made me feel I stood out for the wrong reasons. I also wanted to be healthy and be able to do lots of different things. Now thanks to surgery my life has take a totally different direction...xx

Charlie look at your ticker OVER half way there xx well done

after health reasons mine was to be a fitter happier mum to my son, i now can be the mum he deserves we play go swimmimg ect which i wouldnt do b4.

Liz hope you dont mind me asking how much weight have you lost since your second band ?
I am the same as you and cannot wait to be the mum my 3 kids deserve (and need).
But this thread has also made me think why wait for everything, and off we goto the park and to feed the ducks at the canal, kids are running round like I have promised them the world lol x

Liz hope you dont mind me asking how much weight have you lost since your second band ?
I am the same as you and cannot wait to be the mum my 3 kids deserve (and need).
But this thread has also made me think why wait for everything, and off we goto the park and to feed the ducks at the canal, kids are running round like I have promised them the world lol x

since my second band ive only lost 10 llbs so far as i lost the initial bulk of the weight i needed to with the 1st band, my restriction is very little at the moment, but i am having a long needed 2nd fill tomorrow afternoon which should get the weight moving again for me.

enjoy the ducks. we also enjoy that activity, as its free and a little bit of exercise put into a fun afternoon.

liz x

Mine was I dont wanna be out of breath when I go walking so health reasons really Got none at the mo so I didnt want to in the future

Also I never wanna set foot in Evans again Primarni all the way when I get the weight of lol

Also didnt want to be a big bride I wasnt the first time and I aint gonna be this time

Last edited:
Gosh, my list is endless, i would love to turn back time and be able to teach all my 3 children to swim, ive never taken them swimming in my life(or theirs and they are now16,20 &21 this year), ive never wore a costume since i was 11 and my children went swimming with dolphins last year and i so wanted to be in there with them, and yes not having that sick feeling when you want to have fun but feel everyone is watching you or your flab, going to go on a rollercoaster or other ride and looking to see if you will fit or will you have to walk all the way back cause you cant, clothes and nice underwear(i would love to feel sexy for my husband rather than my big nana nightie), not sweating like a pig at the sight of a flight of stairs, not feeling that i need a bath after i have just gotten out cause im sweating all ready,ok i will stop now, but you get he picture.

the one thing im hoping it will give me is another child for the moment with what i have lost so far it given me the ability to walk again back as my anckle injury is getting better

I have two main reasons for wanting surgery:
1) So I can actually walk more than 100 paces without having to stop, have a sit down to relieve the pain in my back and legs and to catch my breath.
2) So I can wipe my backside properly!!! At the moment I can't reach it properly so I have to wear panty liners to save my pants getting soiled.
Sorry if No 2 was a bit "too much information" but it is a big concern of mine! Surely I'm not the only one???

spikey no your not LOL i was like that a few months ago now it been resolved as i have loast 3.5 stone

For me its being able to walk around without getting out of breath, or slowing anyone down with me because i cannot keep up with them. To be able to walk into a shop and not have everyone looking at me thinking no way will the cloths in here fit her ect

This thread got me thinking.

I can remember an afternoon way back it seems now, I had been into town and done my usual thing of having a huge KFC with dessert and was walking back to get the bus (I live 15 minutes walk away but this felt like too far) and I saw a lady with her daughter.

What I saw was this, a woman in her mid forties, probably 30-35 stone heaving herself along on a wheeled walker. She was wearing a vest top and these huge arms flopped about with every move. Her daughter was about 13-15 years old and was my size (as I was then over 23 and a half stone) and was stuffing a huge chocolate bar in her face.

That image haunted me - I kept thinking, that would be me if I did not stop. I went home and cried...and decided I had to do something drastic. Thats when I ended up in my doctors surgery crying my heart out and pleading for help, and not more pills.

So what it means to me is this, freedom. Freedom from ridicule, freedom to move the way I want to move and not what my prison of fat dictates, freedom from the addiction to eating large amounts, freedom to be me again.

It means I can walk, run, skip and not feel like I am going to die.

It means I will be a healthier person for my fiance, my friends and my family and they will get to enjoy more time with me and me with them.

It means everything really...it means I can be free.

The main reason I had surgery was that I could not at 35 years old continue to suffer with diabetes, high blood pressure & PCOS. The next stop on my fat train was going to be a heart attack (runs in both sides of my family) or stroke and possibly death.I HAD TO DO SOMETHING!!!

Also, I want to be able to have a baby. At my start weight (almost 21 stone) with my health issues even if I did not suffer from PCOS related infertility, it could have killed me to try to carry a child. Now I am less than 16 stone and so much healthier. I am now looking forward in about 2 years trying for a baby. The bonus of my wls has been feeling good, loads of energy & liking my new figure.

What a great question.
I would like to be able to release the thin person inside of me that has been hiding for the last 15 years. To look in the mirror and see the real me and like it. I delude myself and don't realise how big I am till I see photos and thats when I want to cry. So I want to look good in photos.When I look in the mirror I see the girl I was all those years ago but I actually feel like her nanna if that makes sense? So I don't want to feel old.
As you other ladies have said I am soooooo looking forwards to never having to go to Evans again (even more since they ditched their 7 range!) How they have got away with their rip off prices I will never know! I want to go to a designer shop for once and to be able to buy a swimming cozzie which i dare wear without being surrounded by green peace wanting to save the whale lol.

Do you know it amazes me how similar we all are and what our dreams are and also our downfalls. It would be nice to know if we all gain confidence as we slim, I know when I last lost a bit of weight, I went from 17 to 13 stone, so still a heavy babe but I was aged 19 and I thought I was the bee' Knee's. I also got with my Hubby, then there is a saying cant remember how it goes but someone at work commented on my weight gaining back on and said "oh I can tell you are content !!" then on came the stone's and here we are 13 years later and 3 babies later and 7 and a half stone extra.

Evans - God alone knows how this place gets away with its prices I have paid £100's on an outfit alone I could have a designer suit for the same price !! or at least a couple of pairs of miss sixty jeans
Health problems - I have PCOS and have problems relating to that and also bad knee's and one hip (I have two hips but only one is sore lol) I get heart palpatations and have suffered in the past with panic attacks but none of these worry me at the moment but then at 32 I dont really think or should I say didnt really think much about getting older. I realised after the birth of my baby boy who is now 15 months that at my heaviest at 20stone 5lb I had to get my life sorted and make sure the weight went down instead of up. I just know if I had left it another 5 years I would have massive health problems and more than likely be 2 or 3 stone heavier.

Cant wait for this time next year when we have all (hopefully) reached our dreams. xxx

My health has been the motivating factor for me. I already had various non weight related medical issues going on but then i developed high blood pressure last year which was the "icing on the cake" ! We have an increased genetic risk towards heart problems in our family (even my skinny auntie had a heart attack aged 40)
My mam made me promise 4 years ago when she was dying to lose weight so i would be around to look after the family for her and until recently i have always felt like i have let her down. Now i finally feel as if i'm doing something right, and getting a new life is a bonus !
God the Evans trauma - I can't wait to be able to buy something stylish instead of a shapeless, gaudy, garish outfit that is always too long for me ! And i cant wait to be able to snag a bargain at Primark !

Back