• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tablets after banding

Purple Sparkle

Hi

I am on tablets for blood pressure, which I am currently crushing. My provider has told me that when I am back on normal foods I should be able to take them normally, although I may have to snap them in half. I am hoping that eventually, with weight loss, my BP will reduce and I will eventually come off the medication :fingerscrossed:

Do any other banders have any issues with tablets?

Thanks

Justine x

Hi

I am on tablets for blood pressure, which I am currently crushing. My provider has told me that when I am back on normal foods I should be able to take them normally, although I may have to snap them in half. I am hoping that eventually, with weight loss, my BP will reduce and I will eventually come off the medication :fingerscrossed:

Do any other banders have any issues with tablets?

Thanks

Justine x

Hi, I was banded on 21st May and I am taking tablets as normal, even the fairly large multi vits, I was a little nervous but they seem to go down fairly well, the other tablets are quite small that I take. :)

iv never had a problem with tablets of any type they will be fine

Thanks ladies - have just broken them in half for last couple of days and they are going down fine :)

Justine x

i take mine normally, always check as some tablets cannot be broken or crushed due to the coatings on them or if they are slow release. The pharmacist will always help you :)

I am taking mine normally too and they go down no problem. I just ensure I spread them out throughout the day x

Be careful with crushing tablets as this can have implications as different meds get absorbed at different speeds in the mouth, stomach or intestines, your pharmacist would be able to advise you further
Karen x

I take five tablets a day for my bipolar nd migraine. 3 largeish capsules, one round tablet and the mini pill. I took mine normally from day one. Woke up from op nd that evening was allowed to take all 5 xx

Back