• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

halve me.... please!!!

Hello
I too like to waffle lol !!!
well done for getting to where you are at, it does annoy me though how ***** the gp's and health system can be but whats happened has happened and I do believe that things happen for a reason so what can I say less than 2 weeks away and you will be starting your new life.
I am due to have a band but dont know my date as yet as with the NHS they dont rush !!!
I am 32 (will be 33 on the 29th of April) and have three kids 6,4 and 1 and i am doing this for them me and my lovely hubby.
Good luck and hope to join you soon
x
helen

thank you all for the best wishes xxx

jenni like you say the weight loss (fingers crossed) will really help my fm and joints and i cant wait to be buying more clothes and be finding that things i chucked in the back of the wardrobe years ago, will fit! good luck with your first fill i cant wait to hear how you go with that.

helen, i know i also believe in the fact that evrything happens for a reason! i also know what you mean about the nhs they dont rush for anybody!! my op is nhs funded but in a private hospital, even though thats the case they dont rush at all!! i will have waited 9 months since i first collared my gp again and have waited 20 weeks from the first visit to the consultant to my op date. i like you am doing this for my family.
xx

right here we are i have managed 2 days on the dreaded soup and jelly only 10 more to go!! have managed ok today, thankfully its half term and i dont need to be up and about so i actually lay in bed til 12 today!!! luckily my eldest likes making her own breakfast!!! i found it helped as i then had a busy day shopping for vitamins and a few other bits for my hospital stay. I didnt really have time to think about feeling hungry. i only had 3 soups today and managed to make my own homemade carrot and coriander but put a bit too much chilli in and it was rather spicy.... but nice! (im hoping the spices are ok to go into homemade soups???)
i have to share a couple of things with you from tuesday, you may think horoscopes are silly but on tuesday while reading the paper on way to my pre-op i read that 'luck is at an address with west in the name ' for those of you who dont know macclesfield spire regency is on west street!!! then yesterday when starting my pre-op diet and really my new life i read in that days horoscope that 'today will be the start of your new life'!!!!! how wierd?!!!
anyway off to try and sleep now but before i forget i know i shouldnt have done but i weighed myself today and found i had lost 3lbs after day one of the pre-op!!! wooohooo!!!

Great going! And spooky horoscopes!

omg im so hungry and so fed up of cup-a-soups!!! they all taste the same!! but at least i have lost 9lbs since wednesday!!!!! on my 4th day of 12 now, 8 days left, if i could sleep i would stay in bed til monday morning!! poor hubby sat and ate his tea last nite in the kitchen with the door closed and under the extractor fan!! b ut i still smelt it!!! bless him!

omg im so hungry and so fed up of cup-a-soups!!! they all taste the same!! but at least i have lost 9lbs since wednesday!!!!! on my 4th day of 12 now, 8 days left, if i could sleep i would stay in bed til monday morning!! poor hubby sat and ate his tea last nite in the kitchen with the door closed and under the extractor fan!! b ut i still smelt it!!! bless him!

My hunger has completly gone - must be in ketosis. Only just had my shake, yummy banana with loads of ice.

Cup a soups dont really fill you up do they, what else are you having?

hi mazza im only allowed clear soups, oxo/bovril, jelly, black tea and coffee, sugar free ice lollies and juice(sugar free cordial) oh and lots of water.

clear soups really do not fill you :( but i must be in ketosis as i have only had one oxo today with lots of juice drinks and water and cant face anymore jelly or soups yet:( feeling very sorry for myself today everything revolves around food doesnt it? hope your getting on ok? not long now!

days 4 and 5 were very strange! day 4 was as sat night is usually our snack night where once got kids in bed we watch sat night tv and have some snacks (crisps or nuts etc) it was so hard so just sat there nursing my soup! felt really fed up and kept thinking what am i doing this for my hubby loves me the way i am the kids dont notice my weight and why should i bother what other people think? then on day 5 it hit home i was doing this to be healthy, be able to do more with my kids and weigh less than my hubby!
am struggling to get all the water down each day but i think the amount of hot orange drinks i am having would probably even it all up? now the fab news ive lost a stone!!!!! in 6 days!
but i feel so lethagic! it may be not only the diet but the fact that i have stopped my main pain killer to start on a new patch pain killer as my fm pain has been so bad, so ive only lived on paracetamol for 4 days and now my patch takes 3 days to work :(
on my 6th day now and this time next week i may be on my way to theatre or all done!!!

went for my second pre-op at macc today a 3 hour round trip for a ten minute appointment!!! and kids in tow fighting over the ds! anyway nurses were positive, on their scales i have lost 9.7lbs in 7 days but the nurse did ask why i was only doing 12 days (13 including op day) and seemed a bit shocked when i said it was what the dietician said i had to do. i think the weight difference between what they have and what i weigh myself at home is the fact that i had dieted on the run up to my first pre-op and lost 4lbs before i saw them and then after being weighed i went home and ate my last suppers! but on my own scales i have lost 15lbs in a week!! im very proud of that and they say i should loose another 10lbs before monday?
it hit home today that im having my surgery for a couple of reasons, one was that a friend has had her surgery!! and the other was the nurses saying that its on monday and all the best etc!!! bit scarey now. im also getting emotional as i started sobbing on my mum yesterday as everything had got to me:(
but im ready now ....... i think?! (have told hubby where all the policys are etc... just incase!!) 4 more days of the diet left!!

Well done halve me on getting this far, only a few more days and your will start your journy into a new you. this pre-op diet certainly does get your head meantally prepared for the changes you HAVE top make after the op

You are doing so well HM. You've really gone for it and are succeeding brilliantly! It is normal to get emotional before such a life changing occasion, and it will be life changing. Good for you x

thanks girls for all the support :thankyou: it really does help a huge amount!

am starting to worry now that my liver wont be ok, even though i know i have stuck to the diet, im sure all pre-oppers feel the same but im so scared of waking up to find the op hasnt been done :cry:

Hi
Just wanted to say NOT LONG NOW x You are doing really well keep it up IT WILL be worth it xxx Dont think of what you are missing out on think of whats to come all those new clothes, new energy compliments, feeling great, swimming with kids xxx

thanks! again you have reminded me of the reason i am doing this!! am having a wobble today about my liver :( i am convinced that they wont be able to do the op as my liver will be all fatty like the rest of me:cry: i have only lost another pound so where that nurse thinks i am going to loose 10lbs over the weekend i really dont know??! i have stuck ridgidly to the diet they gave me (apart from a tiny lick of a digestive last week!!! i know how sad am i??).

i can see them opening me up and not doing the op, if that happens i dont think i could go through this again :cry:

How much exercise have you managed to do? part of my pro op diet it to walk 60 mins each day and I think this has really helped the lbs come off. Try and up the exercise as the more calories that go out the more that will help? Also, make sure you are eating the full 1000 cals as if not your body will go into starvation mode and store as much fat as possible.

hiya and thanks for the advice :) unfortunatly due to my illness i cannot exercise, even moving around the house is painfull for me and thats part of the reason i am having the surgery to aid my mobility. and i also am on a soup and jelly diet so can only have clear soups and sugar free jelly (which i gag everytime i have one!) i am drinking plenty though!

Good luck for your op & hope the pre op diet is going well for you?...well as well as it can anyway! I cant imagine it being enjoyable...Im dreading mine! lol x x

thanks!! kell you will be fine its bad but bareable and worth it for what we get in the end!

right last day! have busyed myself with sorting the house and kids over the past few days and am trying not to think about it! hopefully this time tomorrow i will be on my way to be a looser!! thank you all for your support i really could not have done this past few weeks without you all here and all your personal stories and words of wisdom! hopefully will be posting soon as a looser! x

Back