• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tablets - When can I take them again?

Andrea73

I had my bypass on 17th October and currently take a bassetts chewy vitamin but was wondering when can I transfer onto a normal multi vitamin tablet? Was also wondering if it is ok to take paracetomol or ibrufen in tablet form or does it have to be soluable still?

Many thanks

I was 3/4 weeks after my op and I take: Omerprazole, Forceval (Which has almost everything you need in 1) solphazinc, seleum, B12, Iron tablet, perfectil (nails & hair) calcichew, s/f folic acid. I think thats it LOL Hope this helps Gail.x:D

I'm 4 weeks post op and have been taking tablets for about a week. I started with capsules to see how they went down then, when I found they were easy, I went onto my other tablets. I had previously phoned Sainsbury's pharmacy to see if they were crushable and was told that they were. When I got my recent batch I read the slip of paper and it said they weren't!!!!!! That's why I started swallowing them whole. No probs. Mxx

Hi Andrea check with the docs about the ibuprofen as I think it is a non steroidal anti inflamatory (nsaid) (so is aspirin). Were supposed to avoid them.

:)

Back