• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

take it out!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok, leave it in then!

hollymarie

well, had the balloon inserted on wednesday. oh my gawd, i have never felt so bad!!! :sick::sick:i was throwing up some jelly-like stuff all night and the next day (i actually thought the balloon had already burst!) and i felt like i had eaten a bloody basket ball! i just wanted them to take it out i was so fed up and had a couple of tears. i had terrible headaches and really struggled sleeping. i had all types of this and that put into my iv but thankfully i have managed to over come it! it is now 3 days since the op and i am feeling good. i have been keeping liquids down since dinner time yesterday, which was great (i felt like i was going to collapse i was so thirsty!) and am now only getting occassional cramps just under my ribs. i have lost 5lbs so far so it is clearly working.
i had done plenty of research into the clinic where i had it done and was confident it was going to be a professional clinic, however i did have a bit of a wobble when i got to prague and panicked that it wouldn't be up to scratch. my concerns were completely uncalled for, IScare (Bodies beautiful) was spot on. the staff were fantastic and most spoke very good english. nothing was too much trouble and they never made me feel like i was complaining for no reason. the clinic was very clean and well organised, i was never sat for more than 15 mins between tests and they kept me updated on all progress. the only slight negative is that the forms they asked me to sign gave me all the information (legal and medical) that i needed rather than atually discussing it with me face-to-face, so i would say make sure you read all the forms through properly before signing!
anyway, sorry for waffling on. but just wanted to give my story! xxx

Glad to hear your initial post op problems have resolved and you are now happy for them to leave the balloon inside !!!

OMG -- "take it out, no leave it in" -- did make me smile! ;-)

Well done hollymarie - you're over the worst bit (hopefully!)

So glad it went well in the end :)

hollymarie said:
thanks everyone. lost 9lbs now so very happy :D. x

Well done!! :)

with name like holymary you thread started name was a bit of a shock,l.m.h.o but then i realised its hollymarie glad you are doing a lot better take care. xxxx

thanks fuffs but im feeling a bit down now. only had the balloon in for 2 weeks today and ive gained 2lbs over the last 4 days! i have noticed i am already able to eat normal sized portions and i am really gutted about it. ive spend £1500 on nothing! what a waste x

hun its prob your body still adjusting give it a chance you'll see you haven't wasted your money i am sure. xxxx

just weighed myself again and i have gained another 2lbs. so overall that makes a weight loss of 5lbs in 3 weeks. i have had a few cries and completely regret having it done. i am ok and havent had any complications, just cant get over spending the amount i have on losing only 5lbs!!
i am now going to have to put myself on a strict diet, which upsets me because i can't stick to one, which is why i needed the balloon! i really hope next week when i report back i have a loss but im not counting my chickens! thanks all for your support though x

Hope the weight starts to come of for you soon, it still might well do are you on any sort of post op diet or is that not needed with the balloon? x

How are you getting on holly? I had a balloon in te past so I can sympathise with the pain and feeling you went through initially! I remember thibking the exact same thing- just get this f**king thing out of me as I was sick every hour on the hour and it was vile!

It does pass though thankfully so hope your feeling better now :) x

Hollymarie, are you drinking enough water before, during or after meals?

I don't drink enough - never been a big drinker just a big eater! and I notice if I don't drink before a meal I can eat a bigger portion. I try and have a glass of milk or water (or dilute NAS Juice) before and a cuppa tea after to fill me up and stop me wanting to eat more. Also, I try to eat slowly - putting knife/fork down between mouthfulls - as the faster I eat (long time habit) the more I can fit in before me brain gets the signal that I'm full. These tips tend to work for me - hope they are of some help to you.

thank you very much, i will certainly try the drinking tip. problem is i feel hungry quite alot, but most other people have said they dont feel hungry with the balloon in! if i couldnt physically feel it, i would think they hadnt actually put one in! i am stepping up my exercise but i have only had the balloon in 3 weeks and im already gaining weight. i thought it would be a couple of months before i would have to worry about my eating picking up again. just very unhappy about it, not weighing myself again until the weekend though, hopefully it will start coming off! xx

Very strange - you've not noticed any green/blue wee have you? - its rare but it could have sprung a leak! Although my hunger has started to come back between meals its no way as strong as it was before balloon and I find that a drink does help chase it away. The nurse told me to try to have 2ltrs a day but I don't manage that much! I didn't have any hunger in the few months so to say that you're hungry/gaining weight doesn't sound right to me. Have you got any medical support who you can contact in the UK?

i have decided that the next few days i will try the drinking thing and weight myself at the weekend, if that still results in me bawling my eyes out, i will ring the clinic helpline and get some support. no, there has been no discoloured wee at all, not even a slight tinge so i am confident it is still in place! xx

Back