• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Talking to children

Hi sue

I told my kids and there first words were "what do you want to do that for .. theres nothing wrong with you" my son understood more as he is older than my daugther..
i now know that as i have explained the reasons to my children for the op it has been easier for them to understand why.

It's hard to know what to do for the best, I've decided not to tell my sons (they are 13 and 15); I don't want them to worry about me having an op and don't want to put them in a position where they have to keep the secret with me as couldn't bear all and sundry knowing and me being everyone's hot topic for gossip!

Hi Mrs Smith

I think that it really is a personal decision based on what you want and what you feel is best for your children. Nobody knows them as well as you do xx

Hi Suepat, Completely agree, think I'm lucky as my op is in Summer Hols and boys going away for the week, so hopefully will be over the worst by the time they get back. But everyone is different, I think you have to go with your 'gut instinct'...ho ho ho!! xx

Back