• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tastes

Nanny Og

Does everyones taste change and do your old tastes return?
Also I have a really bad taste in my mouth almost all the time, anyone else?

I realised that after the surgery, i need to change the taste all the time. Cant have the same thing twice.

I don't like sweet things now even yoghurts, options drinks etc for the most part I find too sweet. X

I went off salt post op but have a little now and i even find some crispbreads to sweet !!

At first I did but have been craving sweet things lately but dont have sugar on my weetabix or porridge now and wasnt using salt at first either but have gone back to some salt but trying to keep away from sugar but still have the odd sweet but try not to really but its difficult. I really enjoyed having my first sunday luch with the veg in separate little piles and bit of stuffing wow that taste was wonderful I can honestly say your taste is heightened and you notice flavours you never really thought about before it is strange. xx

Does everyones taste change and do your old tastes return?
Also I have a really bad taste in my mouth almost all the time, anyone else?
Sounds like you are feeling one of the effects of ketosis with the bad breath. Its a common side effect. Chew gum to help with it or brush teeth more often.

Even though i had a sleeve I have gone off toast :( I used to love it, I have had toast for breakfast for a few days and felt sick eating it and the consistency is horrible so the dog got it. You would have thought I would have learnt the first day but I can remember how nice it used to taste. No toast for me from now on :) oh and I can't have P G Tips or Tetley teabags as they now taste vile, I'm not complaining though as now I like cheaper teabags lol x

I am finding I have totally gone off anything sweet. I used to have a really bad sweet tooth but even Cadbury's highlights are way too sweet for me now. Most yoghurt's are too sweet too.

Before my op I didn't like anything too spicy but now because I only have small portions, I love spicy foods or anything with lots of taste.

Go with the flow... and try and make wise choices :)

I really went off tea post-op and I was a two pints a day person at least before lol :D. I do drink more coffee than I used to and have developed a taste for Tabasco on pretty much everything.
I can't stand Branston pickle anymore and since I used to get through jars of the stuff before, I fear for the future of Crosse & Blackwell now they don't have my funds to survive :D

Praying I lose my sweet tooth after my op.

Coffee - this sounds really mad but I love the smell of it but hate the taste

I still have a bit of a sweet tooth if i really feel the urge i will have the smallest piece ever and then don't feel deprived. Its hard when you get the cravings not as strong but have come back recently. xx beware xx

Oh thx it's not just me then!
I don't have any bad tastes in mouth but gone off tea completely & water, used to drink gallons of it, now it tastes like poison.
My taste has completely changed but my urge on warned me this would probably happen. Just trial & error now. Difficult though as never ever hungry so having to push myself constantly. Still firmly a savoury lover that's not changed yet!

So far I can't see a real change. Apart from my taste buds seem more sensitive. I am not craving cake, biscuits or crisps though.

I still love my QT instant tea with a passion and still love Aldi decaf coffee.

My world is safe because I can still have hot drinks lol

I long for a hot drink but tried a cup of tea yesterday & couldn't drink it. It tasted horrible.
Have found some lite iced caffe lattes in Tesco, low fat , cals etc. nice taste. Might decant one into mug & microwave. Worth a try?
Struggling with eating & drinking at mo, waiting for my second stretch but not til 3 May. Feels like I have a permanent 'lump' of something in the middle of my chest. Back at hospital on 26 April. At least not being sick or anything. Keeping up with meds, vits etc but strangely no weight loss despite not eating much.

Bellydancer57 said:
I long for a hot drink but tried a cup of tea yesterday & couldn't drink it. It tasted horrible.
Have found some lite iced caffe lattes in Tesco, low fat , cals etc. nice taste. Might decant one into mug & microwave. Worth a try?
Struggling with eating & drinking at mo, waiting for my second stretch but not til 3 May. Feels like I have a permanent 'lump' of something in the middle of my chest. Back at hospital on 26 April. At least not being sick or anything. Keeping up with meds, vits etc but strangely no weight loss despite not eating much.

Could it be you are not eating enough? I am sure having to stay so long on stage one is a strain on the bodies system, as it needs more. Good luck with the next stretch and with getting a hot drink :)

Don't think I would like normal tea. But instant tea.... Yum!! Lol

my taste changes all the time one day i will have something the next it will make me rench, i got some fish from asda the one were you get a sesoning and bread crubs if you like and you can zap it or oven cook it, well i got a white fish enough for me and 1 nob of low fat butter and garlic no bread crumbs i got come salad and sauce to go with the fish couldnt wait to cook it in the oven it looked lovely smelt lovely one mouthfull in i renched and the rest went in the bin. one lady posted on here about our tastes and the food we eat and something she put i really agreed with her she said i think most people after gastric surgery because of the small amount of food they can eat after each sitting we all become FOOD SNOBS, which i find so true. xxx

Back