• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tattoos after WLS

witchingmoon

How dose WLS affect tattoos? I have 7 and wondered how losing lots of weight will change them. Thanks x

i have tattoos too, i think the dragon on my boob will be really long and skinny lol

I've got loads. The last one I had is on my forearm and the tattoo artist advised me on where to get one which would least distort with weight loss.
I'd advise you stick your head in a tattoo parlour and ask one of the artists. It's probably something they see every day and can give you advice on what you can do to mimimise damage and what you can do to cover them over later on if needed.
x

I've always been worried about this so that ones I've got are on areas that won't really be affected by weight loss/gain (shoulder and ankle - which hurt like **** XD) I'd love to get a big piece done on my outer thigh but probably couldn't afford it, nor could I sit still long enough *lol*

I have a thistle on my back shoulder - never thought about it shrivelling! Hopefully should be ok. If not - I'll just need to get another :D

Moira

Hehehe caren I was never blessed with big boobs only a c-b even at my heaviest 19.6 and at my lightest 11.0. bloody things never change my skinny sister was always blessed in that area. Would love a boob job when I loose my weight (then my tattoo would prob double in size on my boob lol). I hope the others don't shrivel :( just so glad I didn't get one on my stomach when I was smaller as it doesn't look pretty now even before surgery, I blame me child lol. X

i think it would depends on what you have and where it is...mine were all ankles, back, wrists and lower arms so shrank a little but not much for me to worry about.

but like someone else said if you worry about them and want advice the best people to talk to are tattoo artists :)

Thanks you I did ask my hubby as he is a tattooist and he said they will srink but will be fine as they on lower arms, neck, foot and shoulder. I just wanted to check as he said he only believes this but has never know anyone who has lost more than a couple of stone, so I thought people who have lost lots would know. I would love a sleeve done but will wait till the weight off.
Caren that made me giggle. My dragon is on my lower arm. X

i got to full sleeves done so think it will bother me as it just one huge tattoo cant wait for op to be sort then i can come off the warfrin then get back on the tattoo pony get my back done spend 1500 on that then that will be 5000 spent on tattoos no more lol

Back