• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

tear jerker, even this didn't convince the PCT

gingernutter

For those of you who missed it I am sorry. I opened my heart and I just feel a little vulnerable At he moment so I decided to remove the post. It contained the details of the effects of my weight problems. it was a longgggggggg list. Thanks for all of your replies.

Last edited:
Oh Sarah I wish I were near you.

OK so they don't take personal information into account its time to get onto the professionals.

I have attended the counter weight programme with my GP nurse.
Write to the GP nurse asking her to support your application

I have attended the Luton & Dunstable obesity clinic where I attended the obesity nurse.
Write to the L&D obesity clinic and the obesity nurse.

I have also tried the LCL diet with the hospital.
Write to the hospital, try to get the name of the manager of the LCL diet

My husband now sleeps in another room due to my constant loud snoring.
Ask hubby to put it in writing how this effects him and your relationship. Would your children / sister / mother etc put it in writing?

I take it that your GP can verify all the physical problems. Will he put it in writing?

employed as a kitchen manager
Will your manager write a letter on how your performance is effected.

If they won't take your word for it and they clearly don't get armed with all the hard evidance and try again.

Ther is NOTHING stopping you from reapplying as long as you have the support of your GP and if he doesn't go to another one.

DON'T GIVE UP - you are a strong and valuable person and you are fighting for your life.

Id give you the op.

I agree with Perissa, get as much written down by anyone who can back your claim, maybe even start a diary so you can point out specific examples and give statistics, for example how often you stop breathing, or how often you have panic attacks.
From what you have written you sound like you should be offered the surgery just get a bit of back up and go for it again.

Poor you! Was there any reason given as to why you weren't accepted?
I agree with the previous posts, get the letters from everyone else and go for it again. Can't your GP put more pressure on?

Good luck and take care, you deserve the best help available.

Hi Sarah, thanks you for sharing your heart felt story. you DO deserve the op to improve your quality of life, self esteem and health. i cannot believe that the PCT have not agreed to the funding and i hope you have the strength to keep fighting. don't give up hun.

have you sent this letter to the PCT?? i would if you haven't i feel it explains exactly how things are for you at the moment and they need to listen to you. keep me posted and take care hun xx

thank you so much.

I am very very sad but I will fight on as i am also very stubborn!!!!!

I am really surprised at how some people get their funding. Good luck to them. I will be researching as much as I can in order to add to my case. I will not give up but I just feel a bit beaten up at the moment.

Wow. Looking at your family history and your personal struggles just to live I cannot believe they would not help you.
Agree you should ask the various organisations for documentary evidence as to your health/work etc. to support your request for surgery.
I hope you get the result you want. :)

I have wrote a letter to the consultant and included all your ideas. It is a very good letter and I hope it helps.

thank you again

Good luck hun, i really hope it helps and you get your operation. These people really have no idea sometimes. xx (the doctors and pct's etc, i mean, not people here)

PCT are a law upon themselves, they see us as black and white and not as humans with problems that obviously we cant sort out ourselves so we ask them for help and they turn us down.:mad:

Good luck with your letter Sarah. Keep fighting, you know from others on here that the fighting will pay off eventually. I'm here for you if you need any help Hun!xxxx

Best of Luck with your letter I really do hope they take everything into account and agree to your funding.
Sending you lots of hugs:hug99::hug99:

hi
i didnt read thread that you deleted
i would just like to say goodluck and keep fighting all the way..
takecare emma

Hi Sarah

I was one of the lucky ones,i havent had any problem with my PCT funding,but one of the best people to ask for advice is Charliegirl(Linda) she took them on and won she may have some different ideas how you can get the WLS you want and so deserve.
I am sure it wont be long before she is back on the forum whilst recovering from her op.

Good Luck

Di x

Hi, just to wish u all the luck in the world and keep fighting hun, u`ll b glad u did when your well on your way to loserville lol. ( I mean that as in losing weight hun - sometimes u can write something on here and it not sound the way u want ) Chin up hun and I`ll b checking in on your progress xx

Oh Sarah I wish I were near you.

OK so they don't take personal information into account its time to get onto the professionals.

I have attended the counter weight programme with my GP nurse.
Write to the GP nurse asking her to support your application

I have attended the Luton & Dunstable obesity clinic where I attended the obesity nurse.
Write to the L&D obesity clinic and the obesity nurse.

I have also tried the LCL diet with the hospital.
Write to the hospital, try to get the name of the manager of the LCL diet

My husband now sleeps in another room due to my constant loud snoring.
Ask hubby to put it in writing how this effects him and your relationship. Would your children / sister / mother etc put it in writing?

I take it that your GP can verify all the physical problems. Will he put it in writing?

employed as a kitchen manager
Will your manager write a letter on how your performance is effected.

If they won't take your word for it and they clearly don't get armed with all the hard evidance and try again.

Ther is NOTHING stopping you from reapplying as long as you have the support of your GP and if he doesn't go to another one.

DON'T GIVE UP - you are a strong and valuable person and you are fighting for your life.

Have to say I agree with this, dont give up.....you are strong and you will fight on I know you will, we have discussed this many times and you are too strong a person to give in.....xx

Back