• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tefal Actifry

jaffa_cake

Just wondered if any of you have bought one of these, it is fantastic, can be a bit pricey depending on where you buy it from ranging anything from £100 to £170

Its a bit like a chip pan but without all the oil :eek: I spray the potatoes with fry light spray and they are absolutely gorgeous, roast potatoes are especially gorgeous uummmm

They are more or less the same as slimming world chips only you dont have to have your oven on for 40 mins or par boil the potatoes before hand

Just an idea for any of you chip lovers out there, also they are great for children who are picks, you can give them chips 4 times a week and they are just as good as potatoes for them, my two wont eat potatoes so the actifry is a God send!

http://www.popgadget.net/images/tefal-actifry.jpg

Jaffa

I've not bought one, but I've seen it loads on Ideal World shopping channel. I've resisted buying one because I heard there was a problem with the paddle breaking (spinny thing in the middle). The chips in the demos look lush though!

I've not bought one, but I've seen it loads on Ideal World shopping channel. I've resisted buying one because I heard there was a problem with the paddle breaking (spinny thing in the middle). The chips in the demos look lush though!

I heard about those problems too poppycorn but it was only 1% of overall sales which is nothing really, all electrical appliances have problems Tefals were highlighted more because of appearing on Watchdog, a few of my friends have them and everything has been ok so far! (fingers crossed!)

The chips are delicious but the roasties are even nicer :)

How many chips would it do in one go - you know say, children's size portions?

In childrens portions I would say maybe 4/5

When I do roast spuds it would do enough for 4 adults and 3 children so it does do quite a bit

Chips and roast spuds would take roughly 35/40 mins but when you compare that to time cooked in the oven you would be saving quite a bit on electricity :)

sounds great, very expensive though, will definitely get one when they come down in price, thanks jaffa cake xxx

Same here - next time it's on special I'll get one. Ta Jaffa Cake

I have one and they are fab, I did need a new paddle, but it was 18 months after I had bought it and seeing as I can use it nearly everyday I wasnt too bothered.

It doesnt only do chips it does meat, chicken, sausages, I would be without mine.

I have one and they are fab, I did need a new paddle, but it was 18 months after I had bought it and seeing as I can use it nearly everyday I wasnt too bothered.

It doesnt only do chips it does meat, chicken, sausages, I would be without mine.

Its great Mary isn't it!

I did croquettes, onion rings and chicken goujons in it yesterday for the first time and they were delicious, nice and crispy, like you I wouldn't be without mine either x

I use mine everyday especially for chops and stir fries. You can even make risotto so none of that boring stirring.

I know a fair few post oppers that swear by them x

Back