• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

That bunged up feeling :(

BlondeMoment

Hi Everyone, I am new to the site and thought i would say hello.
I am due to have the bypass op next week 17th sept in Sheffields Thornbury Clinic and to be honest much like most ppl if not all,i am really nervous,but having read some threads today i do feel more confident,
One question i have to ask tho is,being half way thru this lovely pre op diet of milk and yoghurt we all have to do lol,how are you supposed to go to the loo?.Is it just me or is the usual trip to the bathroom in a getting longer (and more painful if you have pills).:argh:
Anyone got any advise please..:sign0009:

Thanx for reading .

Benefibre :D Get yourself a jar and have a good 2 tspoons a day for a few days, followed by 1tsp a day afterwards. It balances you out whichever way you are, and if you have some every day it keeps you regular. Just mix it into your milk or coffee etc, it's tasteless.

I tend to rant on about it on here because it's sooooo good. I have IBS and it's done wonders for me.

Hi and welcome. shel advised me to get that stuff and i have to say it has helped. some days are still a struggle but tonnes better than it was. good luck and look forward to following your progress x

Thanku for the welcome and good luck wishes Emma and Tammy.i will be back for sure to keep you updated .

Di

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to add, I tried the rival brand, Fibresure once as it was on special offer. Never again! It didn't dissolve properly and went all gloopy :( benefibre do trial sachets so you can see if you get one with it before you invest in a big jar.

Sounds like i have alot to learn,well at least i can learn by other peoples erm experiences,hopefully lol.

Di

Hi Blonde moment

I'm nearly 4 weeks post bypass op, dont worry there is nothing to worry about and you'll be fine, before you know it, it will be all over and the weight will fall off !

Richard

Lol that's what we're here for! I can't stand bowel problems, so i started the benefibre from the first day I came out of hospital. The only time I get problems now is if I miss a couple of days!

Slight problem at the moment, my antibiotics say not to take with dietary fibre supplements, so will have to be very careful what I eat over the next week so as not to set off my IBS!

Hiya

Just reading your post and thought i would say hello. well what a small world were in i too am going into thornbury on the 17th under Roger Ackroyd im having the band fitted. Just knock on the door if you need help i know i will lol. (Only kidding ) Good luck hope everything goes well. x;)

Thanx Richard ,the worrying comes in fits and starts and it doesnt help when your daughter comes home from work in tears because someone has told her a horror story,then you have to reassure them all over again everything is ok,but we get there in the end :giveup:

Shell, who does like having bowel problems lol,i have had them since my first c-section 17yrs ago and the piles to go with it,which incidently they never told us at anti natal classes,mmmmm i wonder why :p.hope your soon off the antibiotics.

Morning Chezza,Looks like Mr Ackroyd is in for a busy morning then on weds lol,I have to be there for 7am dont know about you,so i may see you before rather than after the op,good luck and hope everything goes ok,but by all accounts looking on here and ppls kind posts ,we have nothing to worry about well maybe just a little lol.

Di

Last edited:
Thanx Richard ,the worrying comes in fits and starts and it doesnt help when your daughter comes home from work in tears because someone has told her a horror story,then you have to reassure them all over again everything is ok,but we get there in the end :giveup:

Hi Di, yep we've all been through the anxienty and fears, we all deal with it in different ways though, mine was to try and forget about the negativity and focus on the positive outcome of the op, though i got really nervous a few days pre op, and then on the day i was like a cat on a hot tin roof, but most of the fear is what we create in our mind and not real. You will get through this, you will lose weight and you will get your life back, which is going to benefit your daughters long term in a whole raft of different ways ! be strong and use the positive energy of this forum as a crutch to get you through, it works !

Take care

Richard

Hiya, i have to be there for 4.30 pm he is doing my op at tea time so maybe you will still be away with the fairies lol. Good Luck and stay well.

I am not at the stage of surgery yet but I feel no fear whatsoever about what may or may not happen. I know this may change but somehow I dont think so. I have two adult children, one that has not spoken to me for 6 months she said the last time we spoke that she would not care if I was dead she further said she might regret saying that but there and then she did not. My son was concerned when I first mentioned it but knows the effects I have for being overweight are not giving me the quality of life I want. Whilst I am sure if anything bad was too happen they would be heart broken I am kind of going through this journey alone, the few friends I have told supported me then stopped they dont think I will get the funding so think the problem will solve itself. I honestly feel no fear about the future if the op is approved only what will happen if it does not and were would I go from there. Sorry if this sounds negative I am not feeling down just saying it like it is. Linda x

Hi Friends

Every one is really nice on here thanku for making me feel so welcome.

Well i have been out and bought some benefibre so hopefully the trips to the bathroom will be shorter lol.

Also weighed myself on my 6th day of the milk diet and 4 days since i weighed myself last and oh my i have lost 5lbs,i can now understand how some ppl have lost a stone in weight during this diet.But i had to smile when i bumped into a friend and she said i could go to slimming world with her on thursdays instead of the op,bless her.

Next time i will weigh myself will be tuesday the day before my op,which will be the starting point for me and my new outlook on family life.

I must admit the fears of my liver not shrinking for the op have now eased,but it was a worry on monday when the dietician told me someone was sent back to the ward at the weekend as her liver hadnt shrunk.:eek:

Ok off for something to eat mmmm shall i have a yogurt just for a change lol.

Hi Linda

My journey from going to the doctors to say i want this bypass to actually going for the op is within 5 months so for me i have just been swept along,i am not complaining,i know i am really lucky.
In the beginning it was excitement of being told i could have the op,then thinking to the future of what i can do with my kids (kids lol their all teenagers)silly things like go on rides at theme parks,even if i dont want to go on the rides it will make a change having paid my entrance money that it is my choice not to go on the ride rather than cant fit on.
As the op has got closer i like many ppl have got worried they are so many horror stories out there you wouldnt be normal if you werent a tad worried,but then i found this site and i have found confidence about the op and the after care support and advise ppl have given.

As for your daughter,if it is any concilation i didnt talk to my mum for 3yrs in which time i gave birth to one of my sons,but to be honest it was because my mum and i are as stubborn as each other and neither of us would back down,in the end my mum wrote a letter to me and the rest as they say is history.I dont know your situation but maybe its worth a try.

But you should never be alone , i think this site is a lifeline and you can find new friends to help and support you,true friends are there no matter what and they support you whatever decision you make regarding making your quality of life better.

Stay in touch Linda ,please dont feel alone .

Thanks Blondemoment, for your kind words, I do not worry about being the first to make the move with my daughter, she wants me to stay out of her life and until she wants me back in it there is nothing I can do. We were very very close so her four page letter telling me many things including our relationship was like a bad marriage she could not divorce me from really hurt, at least I will know that she wants me back in her life for real if she approaches me, if I make the amends I will be forever thinking she does not want it deep down if you understand what I am saying....she did this once before when she was 16 and I repaired the damage as she was young she is now 30 and said she had enough in her life with her friends and work mates.....I agree this board is wonderful its given me support and allowed me to offer support back......Linda x

Back