• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The anti binge Tuna tip!

Neen

WLS Moderator
This is a really good tip for those of us tempted to nibble , wether at good restriction or not.

Helps a lot if you like tuna!

Drain a small tin of tuna packed in water or brine (not oil)
Add a splash of vinegar and some black pepper to taste..

the whole tin is just 140 cals and it is very filling , also puts you off anything sweet as well.

For 40 extra calories you could use a tablespoon of salad cream to mix in instead of the vinegar and pepper.

This can sit waiting in the fridge and a couple forkfuls or even the whole bowl, will head off a craving attack and be really good for you as well as stopping you reach for something unhealthy x

I can't eat tuna very well at all and it feels like I have swallowed a brick... just wondering if there is a very light mayonnaise that could go with it... I can't get it to go down easily and have been sick each time after trying tuna... and I have always loved it... love and hugs xxx

Sure Bev, I expect some helmans extra light would go great with this for bypassers xxxx Also maybe blend it with a handblender to a sort of mousse /pate might be helpful? Like the puree stage stuff?

Tuna is really dense for us banders and stays in the pouch a long time so usually I only need a tiny mouthful to bodyswerve a blowout.
Anytime Sugga x

Thank you Angel.

I've always loved it so much and have even tried the tiny little weight watchers tins to see if this will go down better and I just can get it to stay down.

Love and hugs to everyone, never any exceptions... xxx

There are some lovely tuna mousse recipes around.. and it's so nutricious... love it... and living in hope of being able to digest it again, I'm struggling with even a teaspoon right now... even blended... but I'll keep persevering.

Love and hugs Angel xxx

Hi Bev

Plz becareful of those weight watchers tuna in tins with sauces of any kind as they are very high in sugar content hun, about 3.3 grams of sugar in one little tin hun - Hope u dont mind me letting u know as I know ur a bypasser and was wondering about dumping 4 u babes xxx

Thank you Darling... I'm careful with all weight watchers foods after watching a programme which Kerry had posted on here about hidden sugars...

I am just trying a teaspoon of hubby's he has them for his lunch... he's trying to lose weight too... without surgery... (He is 6ft 2ins tall and 18st 12lbs) so he watches my kitten size portions and I'm watching him... haha... I say we are watching each other and we have to smile!

Thanks Angel and I'm being careful...

We'll all get there somehow!

Love and hugs precious xxx

Bev, it took me ages to be able to eat fish of any kind and keep it down but I'm ok with it now so sure your time will come xxx

Thanks a million Leanne... I've managed a 'boil in the bag' with parsley sauce so far... I'm longing for healthy fish meals... I'll get there.

Thanks precious and thanks for the tips xxx

Mmm i will be doing the tuna tip! .. and neen you mentioned blitzing it mmmm im thinkin carrot sticks ! mmmmm :)

I love tuna and so does my son so i get through about 5 tins a week. I really hope my band likes it too when i get to that stage.

sounds good, i might give the tuna thing a try, thanks for the tip.

I love tuna so much, I hope to be able to eat this again, I've really missed it... xxx

Back