• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Big Day!!!

fat-girl-slim08

At Goal & Now Maintaining
OMG I go for my Gastric Bypass opperation tommorrow morning and boy am I nervous, I'm not scared of the actuall opperation, Its the afterwards thats bothering me a bit,The big Life change, The changing of the way I will eat food for the rest of my life, Will I regret it:confused:, not being able to eat big meals anymore:confused:, I have wrote in my diary why I am doing this and I know all the reasons, but, I just keep thinking will I be ok. I guess this is just pre-nerves.
Did anyone else feel like this, I have loads of problems, Like deppression and PCOS, and bulimia and this is why I am doing it as I have no self asteem at all and I hate the way I look and feel, and I am really hoping, that this op will be the making of me so to speak and I will overcome most of my problems and lead a normal life.
Please any comments to reasure me that I am doing the right thing.:confused:

Hi good luck for tomorrow, I had mind 4 weeks ago....yes it can be a struggle at times with food, when I serve up my meals I think there is not much there but it should be plenty but I never manage to eat most of eat. I am hoping it gets to a level where I can eat small portions but enough to get a decent taste, but the weight loss out weighs these feelings...your bound to have doubts and worries but you will be fine...xx

Good Luck!! You'll be fine, itll all be worth it once youve done it and the weight starts falling off, one of my friends had this done last year and she had doubts like you but she is so much happier, has lost alot of weight already and feels so much better in herself. I dont think she regrets it all. Keep us posted! Youll be great! xx

Not had my op yet, but wanted to wish you good luck and hope all goes well. I'm sure everything will be fine for you afterwards. Over the past months I've read so many write ups on here from all the girls who have had their ops, and it's been so encouraging to see how happy they are afterwards when all the weight comes off. Yes there will be some difficult times ahead, adjusting to a change in lifestyle, but you will get through that and when you look back you will wonder what you were worrying about.

Eventually, for the most part, you will be able to eat what others are eating, just a much smaller portion. You will enjoy it just as much, and won't worry that your plate is half the size of theirs as you will still feel full and still enjoy the meal.

Let us know how things go.

Hiya :wavey:
I just wanted to say good luck for tommorrow. I had my bypass a week ago- i was feeling nervouse before my op, had butterflies in my tummy. I think it is very normal to be feeling nervous beforehand. You said you have written down all the reasons why you are doing this- and you just have to keep reminding yourself of that. :)
Let us know how you get on when you are feeling well enough afterwards. :hug99:
Xxx Lizzie xxX

good luck for tomorrow, it will be a life style change but very much worth it in the long run.

liz x

Good luck to you. It is a big change and it may take you some time to get your head around it. However, don't stress it. Your body's needs will change, you just need to follow your surgeon's dietary advice and you head will eventually follow. Your journey is just gettng good so try to relax and enjoy:p. Hope you have a speedy recovery and look forward to your story when you feel up to it.;)

Take care, you have a new life that starts tomorrow!:D

Good luck!
I have had bullimia and depression too and I am having a band just as soon as I possibly can. It won't solve all our problems but you will feel sooooooooooo much better and you will be really taking control of you life. Look forward to hearing your progress!
xxx

Good luck for tomorrow. Im 4 weeks post op and yes my life has changed but so much for the better. I have eaten out several times now but because you can only put a tiny amount in yr mouth at once and eating slowley is the way forward not only do i finish after everyone else i also enjoy every mouth full. Oh How much better food tastes after the bypass. You soon learn to listen to your body and you will feel so much better for it.
take care
HC

Thankyou all so very much for your kind and encouraging words:grouphugg:,
Well this is it!! The time as come, I'm off to bed now:4635: and up a 4am to be in Manchester for 7.20am:7600:. Thankyou again for your kind words and Hope to speak to you all very soon!!:thankyou::character00264: XXX

Thankyou all so very much for your kind and encouraging words:grouphugg:,
Well this is it!! The time as come, I'm off to bed now:4635: and up a 4am to be in Manchester for 7.20am:7600:. Thankyou again for your kind words and Hope to speak to you all very soon!!:thankyou::character00264: XXX
good luck look 4 ward to speaking to u when u feel better

liz x

Good luck tomorrow hun, and come back and tell us all about it;);)

Back